What workout makes you feel absolutely wonderful?

Options
...well do that workout today!!

For me it's lifting super heavy--specifically deadlift and DB bench press.

Also running and then randomly tossing some intervals in there-- cranking up the speed to 12mph.

Since its my week off of lifting I will throw some intervals into my steady state run--3 of them. (I already did HIIT yesterday so don't want to over exert myself).

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A good run, there are days that I have to push myself out the door but I'm always glad that I didn't succumb to inertia.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'd have to say all them. There are definitely some, such as hiking and Zumba, that I enjoy more while doing them. And some, such as weights and running, that I enjoy less. But I feel wonderful after doing any of them.

If I had to pick only one, I'd probably go with running. The feeling after a run really is kind of uniquely satisfying.
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting & spin class. I always walk out feeling like superwoman!~ :)
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I second the good run thing, especially when the sun is shining and its warm out. Honestly though I love weight lifting more than cardio.

OH! And kick boxing... especially if I leave my weightlifting gloves on (NERD)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i'm the same as you!!

running and lifting :)
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    A good run!
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire High Intensity Workouts; they are not fun but the results and the feeling you get afterwards are worth it!
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Nothing makes me feel better than push-ups and pull-ups. The first time I ever successfully did a pull-up I felt like Superman. :smokin:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving my bootcamp class b/c it includes spin, boxing, and heavy lifting - which are my faves!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    NONE! :laugh:

Russ
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with weights...only because I'm soooo lazy!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    Crunch Super Slim Down. I LOVE this workout.
  • JuicyGyrl
    JuicyGyrl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The workout that makes me feel just wonderful is Spin!!! I haven't been in a while but I'll be going back soon. It really gets me going and it is a great, fun way to burn lots of calories!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a good run. I exercise in the evenings and I always have a better day when I know it's a run day. I'm already in a better mind set even before I start!
  • angieshow3
    angieshow3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    All of the above - running and lifting. BUT ESPECIALLY running stadiums. While I'm running up the stairs I really think I'm about to die... but after it is all said and done, nothing makes me feel like I've really put some work in like those stadium steps.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    LIFTING!!!
  • Miss_Mira
    Options
    Going for a long hike, I m going to go for one with the dog today :). Its great for the both of us.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    SQUATS!!!! X-D

Last night I did 4x3 @ 135...such weaksauce compared to where I was in undergrad powerlifting lol...but it still felt great! But I like any range. I've done 20-rep squats before....ooooooh the burn! And 100's...do 100 squats (with weight!), take as many rests as you need.
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    TurboFire! <3 I adore Chalene, she's such an amazing motivator, and this workout series is just so much fun. My favorite from the Beachbody collection that I have so far! Makes P90X seem soooo boring.
  • Emitremmit
    Emitremmit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Insanity makes me feel great when I am done with the workout and gives me so much energy.