Smokin Hot Green Peppers

Options

Replies

• porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    kitn - that biltmore is beatiful!!! I went there when I was married (about eons ago now - lol) and we were on a Honda Hoot motorcycle rally. Gets cold at night, keep that in mind and that bar place they have inside is amazing - have some drinks for me!!! Worry about diet later, or make a few good choices then relax and enjoy! Can't wait to see your pictures, I took a few while there but then again this was back in the early 90's..............sure alot has changed. How exciting. did you go on tripadvisor.com and check out the pictures and reviews? That site is so helpful when I'm planning our caribbean trips!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    tgif gang !

i was 183.8 this am. happy to report that is down at least 6 from Monday. likely water and clean eating :tongue: we rec'd 5 inches of rain yesterday (7 in 24 hr) and our basement flooded, worse than last yrs flood. had to call dh home from work and son left plasma donor center to help out. our sump could not keep up and it ran continuous for a good 3 hrs. we worked with our shop vac, mops, squeegies and brooms for 8 hrs. i didn't get my walk in, but i felt the stair climbin later...still have plug on our sewer drain this am and hopin to do a little wash and run the DW. my parents had 10 inches in their much newer home, with sewer back up... so, when i am done here, their place will be next. i am just glad we have always been prepared since living here to not really finish off our basement. i guess this area was a swamp hundreds of yrs ago. for a while yesterday it looked like i lived in a castle, had a 'moat' around my house!

:heart: no more rain til next week?
    :heart: my Sr. son's first football game is tonite! GO North-Linn!!
    :heart: thankful for no real damage from flash flooding
    :heart: that i don't really feel stressed and my spirits are high and positive!
    :heart: that my SHGP's have a great day and an even better weekend!
    :heart: that each of us realize the importance of being commited to a healthy lifestyle, every day.

not sure when i will check again....take care team! love you all!
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Good morning all!!
    Kel-Wow that great, you are doing so well!! OMG:sick: sorry about the swamp, that got to be so frustrating!! I so hate house damage, I am still living in a partial house so yeah totally frustrating. Try to have fun at DS football game hope they are victoious!! Yeah Team!!
    Ok so no lost but no gain either, not surprised never got to the gym this week and kinda ate whatever I wanted so not really surprised. Def, going to the gym this weekend.
    :heart: Its FRIDAY YAY!
    :heart: Kel is dooing sooo good
    :heart: SHGP victories!!
    :heart: A sunny day
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Up 2 lbs....
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    hello ladies.....

I have not weighed today but did last night just before getting in the shower (had to do without clothes so as to show the best loss; if any, possible) and I was the same.
    Not surprised...I went to the gym 2 days and did fairly well with eating but just a few days of doing right wont completely turn over a lifetime of bad choices. So hopefully something good will come of my trying next week.
    porka-I have not went to that site and seen any pics....i bought my tickets from a friend AAA acct b/c it gave me a discount and have went to the biltmore site to see pics. I will have to check out the tripadvisor site and see whats all on there. Thanks! I really am excited about the trip. Almost 3 days with him and just him and I. theres a bar and restaurant at the hotel we will be at. i am not staying at the biltmore. Its way to much money and so we decided that this time around just a nice suite will be suffiicient b/c the room will be just for sleep and.....:bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :drinker: hehehe:tongue:
    I cant wait to take pics and show everyone how much fun i know we will have. its gonna be the most fun!!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Evenin' team!

well, have helped my parents all weekend hauling everthing out of their basement.....and i thought i had a lot of stuff....:noway: they had a professional cleaning service come in and clean for them. they are still waiting for the walls to dry, taking readings, etc. sure hope it doesnt have to be replaced. they are keeping some, pitching some, goodwill and all the free items they had in the yard were gone in less than 8 hrs!! we cleaned with bleach today. the sadest thing was that she had 3 chest's that were full of pictures, and well, 3/4 were damamged. going thru this has made me realize that i need to protect what i have in my basement.

i didnt eat well up there, and had one clean meal yesterday, 2 today and also did my C25K today. i am done with week 1 now!! my times are improving as well as my distance. not going to push myself too hard cuz i want my bones to get stronger first.

:heart: ready for a new week...Sept in 2 days and soon Fall!
    :heart: my son caught his first ever 40 yrd pass and all my family and dh's saw it!
    :heart: how eating clean makes me feel energized
    :heart: that the SHGP's had a great weekend.

thinkin of you all and hopin everything is well for you! {{{hugs}}}:flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    so far so good today. oatmeal, ff milk, walnuts, banana, & flax seed for brkfst. lunch was grilled chicken breast, olive oil/vinegar, black pepper, garden vegetable/spinach tortilla, baby carrots, and sweet potato chips. been doing house chores and headin out soon to mow.

have a great day!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    helllloooooooooooooooooooooo, SHGP's ? :huh: thinkin of ya all. take care :heart:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Morning!
    Been MIA, had som internet issues, but I hope everything is back on track now.
    Got the call that i had been waiting for (well actually two of them:happy: ) the kids are going to the uniform school, and my oldest has a set surgery dat for her eyes:flowerforyou: Finally no stressing about waiting to hear about taht!
    I swear I have been a ball of STRESS lately (no eating a lot at all) But stressing over everything. I feel the tentioon in my neck and the back of my head:angry: It is aweful. Atleast I have been able to sleep a little the last few nights before I would lay down for the night and it was like a telephone line the loud HUM of elecrticity in my head. Like I couldn't turn it off, so i get up and iorn and shine my husbands boots (something I would never do in my right mind:laugh: )
    Anyhow, tryin got relax, although I can't:tongue:
    Doing ok this week, picked another 15 pounds of blackberries and snacking on them:heart: they are so good, gonna try to find a good sugarfree type recepie, or honey replacement recepie for blackberry jam, gonna make a huge batch with the girls tomorrow;) :heart:
    Have a wonderful day ladies:)
    Kitn- your not smoking for that long is a inspiuration!
    Kelly- :bigsmile: Im stil alive here;) Have you ever seen or heard of rhtat book called deceptivly delicious?
    Jacque-Glad that you get to work at home for the second job:happy:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hi miss V ~ some bumps in the road for you.....and you have managed to do very well! way to go! i get knots in my shoulders, and think it is stress related. would love to go and have a massage....glad you're sleepin better.... we all need that! your berries are gonna be berry delicious! :tongue: what a treat that will be to pull them out in a few mos! no i have not heard of that book deceptively delicious... what is it about? i am still readin my JM Metabolism book. kinda got sidetracked with flood cleanup. goin to town today and get some groceries.

have a great day SHGP and hope to hear from you soon.
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly:heart: and all

I have been missing in action too. My son started school this week, so it's tough to get into a routine.

I did weigh myself this morning and I am finally back to where I was at the beginning of June, before I had gained the 5 lbs back in June/July that had took me the 7 previous weeks to get rid of. Anyway, I'm dealing with losing 5 lbs and it took me two months to do it--twice:grumble: I guess my hypnotherapy is working. I just wonder if it was worth all the expense--I thought I could be hypnotized in to instant weight gain :laugh:

Also, I am starting to feel more human again after taking the birth control pills for 3 weeks--I am noticing that I don't get so pissed off so easy. Which is good-maybe it's balancing out?

Glad to hear you are doing well and still posting. Sounds like the Metabolism book is going well and I'm sorry to hear about the flood at your parents.

-Sally
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Have a great weekend SHGP's :heart:

Hi Sally! Glad to hear you are doing better. Hormones, yuck. I wish my Dr would check my levels. Somedays I go from one extreme to the other. Very exhausting. Eating clean and 'crap free' is a lot harder than I thought....with 3 other picky eaters here. But on the days I do, I feel great. Consistency will get me there.

Take care team :flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hope you are all enjoying the weekend...short week coming up! i have to have a colonoscopy cos my biological mom had stage 2 colon ca. dr appt for that Wed then procedure Mon. football game this Fri, we are now 1-1 over all and both games have been intense 4th quarters. my ds plays WR and LB (wide reciever and line backer) we finally got one of his catches on video and soon hope he can score a TD! kinda sad watchin him play his last year. dh leaves for his final Canada trip too, this Fri. will be a good week to focus on eatin cleaner. we are goin to a family picnic today, so will be mindful on choices. thinkin of ya all, have a great day green peppers! :flowerforyou:
  • kitn621
    Options
    you know...its the same ones posting. where did all of our peppers go.
    Especially purr. we havent heard from her in over a month. WHERE DID YOU GO PURRR~????:frown:
    Well ladies...I had a freakin awesome weekend. Went dirt track race watching....did 2 races. Stayed out real late but go absolutely dirty and saw some great racing. A few wrecks, some hilarious driving from some stupid people that should not invest money into racing!
    Did fairly okay on eating...didnt really over induldge but indulged either way. MIL had homemade choc. ice cream (takes like a wendys frosty) yummmm.
    Really needing to get into high gear b/c I want to be about 3-5 lbs lighter before we head to the Biltmore in 2 wks. I think it might be plausible if I bust my A**. So we will see.
    Drinking all the water i can, eating my salads with the dark greens, keeping the fruits and veggies incorporated as best I can.
    So I guess we will see. Pray for me. :-) I have gained all that I have lost and need to get back into the groove of things.
    Hope all of you are doing great. Had a great labor day weekend? Get back with me...would love to hear from you ALL! lots of love :heart:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hello team...wherever you're at.....? :huh: after the suggestion from kitn, i think it might be a good idea as well to do some overhaulin' and offer our thread to newbies....what does everyone think? i am still in the game here and kinda missin everyone :cry: hope you are all doing ok, enjoying the end to summer and looking forward to the upcoming holiday season...it will be 2010 soon, and a year in Jan for some of us here on the green team. i am a little upset with myself that i have not lost the wt i had desired to do so.....guess i have not changed like needed to get healthy. i have improved in some areas, and small steps do eventually add up. still learning and hangin on....def has to be a commitment, to ME.

have a good day all.
  • kitn621
    Options
    hello team...wherever you're at.....? :huh: after the suggestion from kitn, i think it might be a good idea as well to do some overhaulin' and offer our thread to newbies....what does everyone think? i am still in the game here and kinda missin everyone :cry: hope you are all doing ok, enjoying the end to summer and looking forward to the upcoming holiday season...it will be 2010 soon, and a year in Jan for some of us here on the green team. i am a little upset with myself that i have not lost the wt i had desired to do so.....guess i have not changed like needed to get healthy. i have improved in some areas, and small steps do eventually add up. still learning and hangin on....def has to be a commitment, to ME.

have a good day all.

Kell's right....january is soon to be here...at time of new years resolutions......but why wait to make changes then....here and now lets make a resolution....any kind of small one you would like. Start small and work towards it. Like we did in the beginning. Me; I vow to start off with saying I will drink nothing but water for the rest of the week (unless its milk as I need the calcium) but no sodas or tea.
    I will see what happens. we made some great challenges in the beginning getting us to eat our veggies and fruit. lets start again!
    Everyone....lets get together and make this happen. Lets get motivated BEFORE the holidays sneak up on us!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey kitn, thanks for your input. i agree we need to focus on the little changes and i liked the challenges too. all in all, they help motivate and move us in the right direction towards a healthy lifestyle. lets get busy now and be down some wt come Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years! Heck, if I really try hard, I could be down 20-30 lbs...and wishful thinkin more if I was as good as Purr. :bigsmile: yup, miss her and the rest of the gang...:frown:

ready. set. GO! i'm in kitn...anyone else??
  • kitn621
    Options
    WOW....when did our group go MIA permanently? I dont know whats happened. Have we all gotten down in the dumps? whats happened to the group that supported one another. I miss getting on here and hearing the stories of what you all have been up to. Sassie....Jacque......Purr.....Sal......MissV.....come on guys. I really want to get back into the groove of things. Lets recruit for some new people for new ideas. Maybe that might help.
    I love you guys and miss you all and hope you are all doing okay.
    :sad: :heart:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey kitn....i'm here...feelin the same as you. yeah, i'm down a lil, but still needin support here... i am ready to put in some more effort and change my lifestyle, one day at a time, no matter how long it takes. i really need to get serious about my health and win this battle! I will be here for you as well! shall we do a 'green team recruit'?

had a busy day yesterday w/shoppin, gettin dh ready for his last trip to Canada, he leaves today. bakin for a funeral today and football team meal later. start my low residue diet tomorrow for my colonoscopy on Monday, yeah...

hope you have a great day and the rest of the SHGP's too! :bigsmile:
  • kitn621
    Options
    hey kitn....i'm here...feelin the same as you. yeah, i'm down a lil, but still needin support here... i am ready to put in some more effort and change my lifestyle, one day at a time, no matter how long it takes. i really need to get serious about my health and win this battle! I will be here for you as well! shall we do a 'green team recruit'?

had a busy day yesterday w/shoppin, gettin dh ready for his last trip to Canada, he leaves today. bakin for a funeral today and football team meal later. start my low residue diet tomorrow for my colonoscopy on Monday, yeah...

hope you have a great day and the rest of the SHGP's too! :bigsmile:

Hey kell...I do think some recruiting would be nice. There are always so many newbies on this site and maybe some fresh blood will get us back on track and bring back the others. I know we are all so busy and its hard to get on and take time to post and write but I sure wish they would just post some. I miss them all so much!
    I too was fairly busy last night though at 7:30 I stopped to watch the Tech vs Clemson game and hells yeah Tech won. :bigsmile: :drinker: (though it was close b/c Clemson came back as quick as we stomped them in the beginning) But a win it is....YEAH! But tonight I work late and then going to step sons football game, daughter has a dbl header on TBall tomorrow morning but even before that (730am) same step son has fundraiser pancake breakfast at OCharleys restaurant.
    Going to craft show tomorrow afternoon while husband gets into the woods to get in some hunting. (Bow season starts tomoroow) I wish I could draw back a bow so I could go in but I have to wait till next month for opening gun.
    Counting down those days!
    Hubby and I live in 1 week from today for the BILTMORE! Cannot wait. Seriously!!! Woohoo:bigsmile:
    already getting in my water for the day and will be staying as busy as I can to keep movement in me and watching what I eat. Kell....I hope you have agreat weekend. Sorry about the funeral....hope its no one too close....not something you can probably deal with right now. have fun with all your cooking though....ewwww...so not something I want to do right now though I do have to take things for snack tomorrows tball game.
    well I wish all my SHGP members a wonderful and skinny weekend! love you all!:heart::happy: