Awesome!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done, fantastic result on both the weight loss and a speedy 5K time! And you look great!
  • Christylynnb
    Options
    You look awesome! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! What an awesome transformation!! Congrats on the great 5K...u should be proud :)
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I bow my head in awe of you!! Fantastic, both the weightloss and the running!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on losing all that weight, running your first 5k and being a wonderful for your beautiful daughter. That is one thing I am striving for. Good Luck in all future endeavours and accomplishments.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! :)

:smile:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are amazing! Was running your exercise of choice while losing weight? What kinds of things helped you succeed? Any tips you'd like to pass on for those who are just starting our journeys? I'll be completing my first 5k in June. I'm still very overweight, but I'm enjoying my running and it's fun to have a goal to work towards (other than weight loss).
  • MummatoAlex
    Options
    Amazing ! I hope to be there one day soon. My 10 year old son just ran a 5K this past weekend and I would love to run with him. You are an inspiration. congratulations on your hard work.
  • Blaireli
    Blaireli Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - congratulations!! :) I'm working toward running my first 5K on Thanksgiving this year.
  • pooc33
    pooc33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's awesome! I hope to be able to do the same thing.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing! i ran a 5K in like an hour. so you need to give yourself major high fives! plus 165 lbs lost!!!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    congratulations, this is a fantastic accomplishment!! :flowerforyou:
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Love it! You are so awesome and setting a great example for your little one!
  • dynamojones
    Options
    Bravo!
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! My daughter was SO proud of me (although she promptly told me that I was stinky after giving me a big hug LOL), being the mom of 5 this has been so important to me b/c I want my kids to have a good role model and to live happy, healthy, active lives.

As it says in my profile, I did have the VSG and it has been an amazing tool to help me in my weight loss, but I had to do my fair share of the work too. I had to changed my entire view of food, now I look at it as fuel and plan my meals and daily intake around what my body NEEDS for that day instead of what it wants (which is fats, sweets and carbs!). I have worked hard at not using food as motivation and reward (I had to get away from the "I deserve this" mentality, ie: I ran 3.1 miles, I DESERVE this ice cream as a treat), and emotional/comfort eating.

My advice to anyone just starting out is to pick something that will work for you and STICK to it, so many times I started exercise programs/diets and quit b/c it got "hard", this time I set myself a series of small goals and completed them, I would not accept ANY excuses from myself. Slowly I came to understand that the only thing standing in my way was ME and that 90% of the problem was my own mental blocks that I had set for myself (the negative self talk was the worst!). Every time I heard myself saying "I can't" I changed in my head to "I won't" and that made me mad enough at myself to turn it all into "I can and will" and then "I did!".
  • wilcox8
    wilcox8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Congratulations on your new healthier life!
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!