Home Gyms, What's in yours?

Options

Replies

• YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I only have a treadmill, a couple of ankle weights, and two yoga mats...Need to expand!

If it counts, I have a tv which plays a wide variety of workouts on my local cable...from Zunba to aerobics, to yoga.

I want to get a Bowflex treadclimber real bad! Anyone have one?
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, tv, dvd player, stereo, weights and of course, toys for the kids:wink:
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike and weights. I really really need a treadmill though. Bloody things are so expensive!!!
  • rikkeeroos
    Options
    150 lbs heavy bag, 100 lbs heavy bag, 80 lbs heavy bag, reflex bag and several pairs of gloves. Also an elliptical machine in the living room.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Weight set, pull up bar, Swiss ball, stationary bike, jump rope, aerobics step, resistance bands, yoga mat, DVD collection/TV, PC (gym doubles as a home office)

And I have a fireplace too :smile:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Weight set, pull up bar, Swiss ball, stationary bike, jump rope, aerobics step, resistance bands, yoga mat, DVD collection/TV, PC (gym doubles as a home office)

And I have a fireplace too :smile:

I need to find a cheap step :smile:
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I just have some resistance bands, a power wheel, and a dvd player. I do have a heavy bag but have no place to hang it.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out at a gym, but I have, or have access to:

Lebert Equalizer (I don't recommend it; for body weight chess presses and triceps dips)
    Lebert Stretch Straps
    Dumbbells
    Fitness Bar
    Swiss balls
    Wobble board
    Bosu
    Steps (for calf raises, step ups)
    Resistance bands
    Calf and hamstring stretching rocker
    Big, folding, comfortable exercise mat by Harbinger

Used to have an electronic jump rope, but I mislaid it.
    Weighted vest (for walking outside)

Step treadmill

I had a stairclimber, but never used it. Too boring.
    Also had a Nordic Track, but it was awkward at really fast speeds. I think it broke.

I've had a number of DVDs and CDs in the past (The Firm, Lotte Berk, The NYC Ballet Workout, among others), but I've never stuck with them. I find exercising at home to the same program sad. Sometimes I've done On Demand cable TV exercise routines.

I've always been an inconsistent exerciser, but over the years I've amassed a decent amount of equipment.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    We JUST started putting together ours, so so far there isn't TONS. We have a exercise bike, exercise ball, chin ups bar (that you attach to the door) w/attachments to do your abs with. Weight bench with a bunch of free weights, and a few sets of dumbbells. Then we also have a water dispenser with a small fridge attachment on the bottom. AND a sorter that holds exercise books, my HRM, Body fat Analyzer, Body measuring tape etc. Right now i don't need tons... I do a lot of body weight exercises and exercises that don't required much equipment...But its a working progress, we've only had it about a month.

*Each weight loss goal I hit I buy something "fitness related" so my hopes are through that to complete the room - piece by piece and I like the idea of "working for it" :smile:

When I hit my goal weight my reward for it will be a LARGE item for the workout room - I am leaning towards getting a "Home Gym" set.

**** LOVE seeing all the stuff everyone has in theres, because I am completely new at having a Home gym, I need some ideas.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    <--- Endless Pool, treadmill, recumbant bike, elliptical, home gym (Bowflex), various free weights, DVDs, etc. My favorite room in the house!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Right now I have only the Weider 2980x. This weekend I'm gonna add either a treadmill or free weights. Next weekend, something else..until my room is full.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Norditrack treadmill, Keiser spin bike, Total Gym XLS, inversion table, tv/dvd player and mats for floor work. LOVE IT!

I would love to have an inversion table as I have a bad back. Do you like it?
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    <--- Endless Pool, treadmill, recumbant bike, elliptical, home gym (Bowflex), various free weights, DVDs, etc. My favorite room in the house!

An Endless Pool! Wow!

My old recumbent bike gave me back problems more painful than the ones that caused the my back surgery. Everything for me is trial and error.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Some workout DVDs, a yoga mat, and a few dumbells.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Nice, I want to add a hot tub for after workout relaxation :smile:
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am currently working on mines. The only thing I have is a treadmill and a lot of DVDs. I have a set 3lbs and 8lbs weghts. I just have the bare minimal. I want to get a home gym station but dont know much about them. Can someone suggestion/recommend their favorites? Thanks!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I need to take a good picture, but here is what we have:
    Foam roller, floor mats, exercise balls
    Pull up bar
    Heavy bag
    Full set of dumbbells
    Resistance bands
    Push up bars
    Medicine balls
    workout bench
    Floor to ceiling wall of mirrors
    TV, speakers - hooked up to home automation system so access to all DVDs/DVRs/Music

My husband and I both also workout at the local rec center. We alternate days since we take turns putting the kids to bed (and thus working out at home after) while the other one goes to the gym.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    An elliptical machine, resistance bands, Wii system, Wii balance board, television with internet hook-up for streaming workout videos like P90, a soft mat, and a set of free weights.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    All I have is a set of TRX suspension straps, and a set of floor mats. I feel like the TRX gives a really complete workout, plus it is not size-dependent, if any of you are on the short side, as I am. Also, it's portable. We have it mounted between two boards in the basement, but it can be used on a door.
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @Suemello.... I used a TRX with a trainer for 3 months and it was awesome! Need to add that to my list...