working out with no equipment! I need ADVICE!

Options

Replies

• fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    If you subscribe to a cable service check your On Demand for Fitness workouts. I have AT&T U-verse and there are plenty on there. Comcast/Xfinity has it as well. Even saw some of Jillian Michaels workouts the last time I looked.

You can also do jumping jacks, jump rope, push ups, core exercises, tricep dips using a chair. The list goes on. Get creative.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    do you have a stroller? walk, walk, walk!

Push ups, crunches, squats, butt raises, leg lifts, etc. Find yoga poses you can do, and practice them for a minute at a time with proper breathing, etc.
  • rieltbo
    rieltbo Posts: 7
    Options
    Zumba ! There are a lot of videos on youtube doesnt require any equipment or anything and its a lot of fun ! Here is the channel I use : http://www.youtube.com/user/ecuachic17/videos . She is amazing and Ive been doing Zumba for 2 months now and it totally helped me lose 20 lbs (with other things im doing on the side but my first two weeks were mainly zumba!) Hope it helps!
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Body weight training will help you shed the pounds it works!!!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv. These girls are on Facebook too.
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    20 minutes at a moderate pace is 78 calories, if you push a stroller or carry hand weights that would beef up the strength part of it.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Look up crossfit work outs. you won't need much equipment and you will get a good burn.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I currently only have a set of 3 lb dumbells. I have been listening to music and dancing every single day until i break a good sweat and my legs hurt hoping that im burning calories. What is the best way to work out without equipment or fitness dvds. I also have a 2 1/2 year old who likes to get under my feet, I can work around that though. Please help!

Calisthenics can help. Try doing 30 jumping jacks at a time. I recommend a heart rate monitor if possible. There were days when I couldn't get out and I would try to dance to music and used the HRM as a guide. It was a lot harder for me to get my heart rate up by dancing than by running.

If you have a DVR, record fitness shows. If you have cable, there may be On Demand programs.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    your calorie burn is based on body weight, effort, speed, etc. I can walk a 4 MPH mile and only burn about 50-60 calories. MFP can guess because it has all of your info.

Before I started running, I did exercise videos on netflix, walked, did wii fit, and went to zumba class 1-2 times a week.

GL
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Go watch some videos of Zuzana Light on youtube.com. She is amazing. Short, fun workouts that REALLY challenge you. Probably 95% of them don't include equipment. I do her workouts on days I don't get to the gym.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You can also do some strength training...squats, lunges, crunches...using food cans or gallon jugs as weights for bicep curls and other arm lifts. Running in place, jump roping (even without the jump rope), hoola hoop (even without the hula hoop), climbing stairs if you have them. Sorry, I didnt' check out your profile, so I don't know your fitness level/weight...but when I first got start, just getting down on all fours and then getting up again (1 rep) over and over again was a killer workout. And stretch. Stretching is always good for the muscles!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A combination of strength training and cardio will give you the best results. If you don't have videos, you can start with jumping jacks to rev up your heart rate. And for strength training, you can do push-ups (they are hard but effective, modified in the beginning), squats, standing lunges, sits ups, crunches, planks, etc... You can find all kinds of exercises online. I am a big fan of google and youtube.
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    You can get videos from the library, that way you can try them before you buy them.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    pick something on youtube.. try some insanity videos.. they will rock the fat off of your body
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This girl is on my fitness pal and I have looked at her videos. I think I am going to start trying them. http://www.fitnessbender.com/
  • Mattykru
    Mattykru Posts: 3
    Options
    Basic sit-ups have done me some good in toning down my stomach, which helps a lot because it LOOKS like I've been losing weight. I started on New Year's Day and managed a grand total of three. I kept going daily just seeing what I could do and by the end of January I was up to twenty and with a visible effect on my stomach. By March I was up to 35 and, in the right light, had an ab.

The trick is to not set yourself unrealistic targets too soon and to just get the muscles used to the exercise before pushing them a bit further.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    board.crossfit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2743&d=

Most of those will need to be scaled down, lower reps, shorter time but it kind of gives you an idea of how to incorporate bodyweight exercises into an effective at home workout. You can also google circuit workouts with no equipment and you should get some good ideas there.

Also, I second the Zuzana comment. If you've got some money to spend, I've heard great things about the Jillian Michael's DVDs, if you can stand Jillian Michaels.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Why no dvd's if you are at home. 30 day shred would probably work for you.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Create your own workout by adding in all of your favorite exercises, time it to do for 30-60 minutes just like back in gym class. I do this on some of my off days, I do butt kicks, upper body punches, jumping jacks pushups, crunches, leg lifts, planks. Just get a list going in your head and go at it.

I suggest a heart rate monitor, get the heart rate up.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I ams o proud that you want to include your child.. it sets such a positive example!! Your 2 year old may have a short attention span so this works for me when have to stay home with my three kids.. Play exercise teacher (thats what my kiss call it) I can do about 2 minutes of one thing thats easy enough for little ones as if i am the teacher and they are the student.

jumping jacks
    jumping high as you can
    sit ups or crunches with toes under couch ( for some reason they giggle about that)
    squat jumps (easier for them than me)
    lunges
    burpees
    push ups
    laying bike pedals are super fun for them too
    dancing and spinning
    lep over imaginary puddle

Well theres about 20 minutes of cardio for you and your little one.. hope you guys try it and have lots of fun!!