Quiche recipes?

Options
Help! I've never made quiche...I know, I know.

Any suggestions/recipes?

Replies

• mollysonnotice
    Options
    bump. I'm interested :)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Although not the best choice for it but I use the premade frozen crust (tenderlake deep dish). It has a recipe on the box to follow! :bigsmile: I always "add" extras like asparagus, broccoli, red peppers, & onion. Mmmmm. Quiche is awesome but the crust is a killer unless you prepare your own I guess?~ I don't do "dough"...LOL. Good Luck.
  • bweid2005
    bweid2005 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    they are super easy! decide if you want a crust like pastry crust or i have mad a "crust" from frozen hashbrowns!

I got this from foodnetwork.com (no idea how many calories, it is probably terrible for you)

Ingredients
    3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
    4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
    3 large eggs, beaten
    1 cup half-and-half
    3/4 cup diced cooked ham
    1/2 cup diced green onions
    1 cup shredded Cheddar
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

(I add in spinach to this, and use turkey sausage instead of ham)

Directions
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.

Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.

Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.
  • espyrale
    espyrale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Quiche's are delicious and filled with protein and great nutritional delicious stuff. And really they are quite easy to make, even for first timers! :)

You can pick up a pre-made dough...I like the Immaculate Baking Co. All Natural Ready-to-bake Pie Crusts (They also make cookies with a cause and are a great socially aware company) But making your own dough is really easy!

Here's a really simple and clear recipe for making the dough from scratch with pictures:
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/cooking-tips-techniques/baking/how-to-make-your-own-piecrust-00000000022711/index.html

YumSugar, the weight loss sight, also has some great recipes for Healthy quiche's with pictures
    http://www.yumsugar.com/tag/quiche

Epicurious which has great recipe's has a great Mushroom and shallot quiche recipe, and also includes how to make the dough
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mushroom-Shallot-Quiche-236171

Hope this helps in beginning a new and wonderful exploration into the world of quiche's :)
  • gilmore103
    gilmore103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just shared a low-carb quiche recipe with the database but i am not sure how to access it. if you want me to send it to you, let me know
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I made a delicious crustless quiche last night!! Used Bisquick mix 3/4 cup with 3 eggs and 1 1/3 cup of skim milk. I sauteed some asparagus, mushrooms, onions and added some ham I had left over from the weekend. Pour the whole thing into a pie plate and baked for about 40 mins. It was delicious!! Having a piece today with a salad for lunch!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    bump