working out with no equipment! I need ADVICE!

Options

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I havevn't read all the responses so if I'm repeating something, feel free to ignore me. Bodyrock.tv has a lot of workouts that require no equipment (I'd go for the older ones, from 2009-2010 when Zuzana did things like put a broom in two chairs to do pull-ups). You could check out ZWOW on youtube as well and I am sure there are a lot more bodyweight workouts on youtube. If you can't find any one workout that is all bodyweight, just take some things from each workout and make up your own. Things like burpees, push-ups, crunches, etc.. will always be great. I remember when I was at my poorest and all I had was a jumprope; I'd go to the park at 5:30 in the morning and do circuits of jumping, pushups, pull-ups (using the monkey bars or something). Also, check out freecycle in your area. That's where I got my dumbbells. They were definitely born in the 80s and super ugly but they were free from freecycle.
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    Hmmmmm...I say you go to the library and take out an exercise DVD can be one option...I think you are worth it and deserve an hour for yourself no?...You can do it when the baby is sleeping...and you will feel so much better... =) Some workouts are only 10, 15, 20 minutes long and let me tell you from experience LOL...Sometimes you can't walk the next day!... Another GREAT place is You Tube there are FANTASTIC KILLER workouts there!...I hope this helps...
    Debbie~~
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Google "playground" workout.
  • getthisweightgone
    Options
    Type in www.hulu.com in your web browser. When the page pops up look for the search tool and type in "Exercise" or "Yoga" or "Warm-Up" - Whatever you are interested in. There should be a ton of results that come up. These videos are FREE! I use one every morning before I run, and I am happy I did.

good luck!
  • Rickwilson000
    Rickwilson000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One way to burn a lot of calories is cross training. I attended this class at the local community center that involved one minute strength training then one minute doing different kinds of cardio. I wore a heart rate monitor that calculated the calories burned it was massive amounts. Check online for some basic exercises like lunges, squats, push ups and bicep curls. figure out a routine that will give you a complete workout, Do one minute strength training followed immediately with one minute cardio it could be jumping jacks, stair climbing, figure out a variety of different cardio exercises. this will keep your heart rate up the whole time and burn a lot of calories and give you a very good workout
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    bump for later
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I like using dailyburn.com. They have workouts that really burn and use little to no equipment. I have learned a lot of bodyweight exercises! It will also estimate the number of calories you burned during the workout. It's great!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    FREE FREE FREE

www.bodyrock.tv There are a lot of bodyrockers having crazy success here.

Check her out, she is a rock star!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ltosoni

Another great resource for exercise ideas www.nerdfitness.com

Awesome stuff!
  • razindawn
    razindawn Posts: 24
    Options
    I also was wondering, since I cant spend exactly 30-60 minutes at one time working out. would it work to work out for 15 minutes three times a day? My daughter gets bored easily and when shes done the next thing you know shes hanging all over me and it throws me off.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Go to your local library, get a library card and check out some DVDs. That's where I get some of mine. I don't feel like spending that kind of money....so get them for free!!!
  • Pfitzer
    Pfitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check out bodyrock.tv they have a ton of great exercise videos for free you can do from home, they will all kick your butt!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Try this website - you can add your weights in there. It's helped me a lot.
    http://laurensfitness.com/2008/07/02/no-equipment-no-excuses-20-exercises-you-can-do-at-home/

pintrest also has a lot of good ones - just search "fitness".

The DVD idea is good too.

Good luck!
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump for later:smooched:
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There's loads of 'playground exercises' you can search for on the net. Take your child to the park, and do some leg raises, abs and pull ups! My sister got RIPPED in University by lifting fabric softener bottles, or pop bottles filled with water or sand. Also, use your 2.5 year old as weights...find a building, toss your toddler on your back and walk up those stairs! I walk with my toddler on my back through the woods on a hike, to take the kids to school and just on a walk around the neighbourhood...GREAT workout, and my son thinks it's funny!
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would go out and buy the 30 Day Shred I am telling you it will get you shape fast! And the best part is the workouts are only 27 mins from warm up to cool down but yet you will but at least 200 calories in that 27 min
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I also was wondering, since I cant spend exactly 30-60 minutes at one time working out. would it work to work out for 15 minutes three times a day? My daughter gets bored easily and when shes done the next thing you know shes hanging all over me and it throws me off.

That'll work.
  • mmillians
    Options
    Pilates - strengthen your core
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I just havent made it out to buy any and im trying really hard to lose 10 lbs in the next 4 weeks or so since im going on vacation. What is the best way to shed weight? Walking the park is 1/2 mile around so two times around is a mile, at a moderate pace does anyone know how many calories i could burn?

You can almost shed the weight by watching your calories alone, or get close. As others have mentioned, 30 Day Shred will definitely give you the weight loss and tone you are after. And only 20 minutes a day. The DVD is $9 at Target or Walmart. Get it!

I've done it and had great results. I'm doing Ripped In 30 now.

However, don't forget 99% of weight loss is what you eat....not exercise...although exercise certainly helps! I try not to eat anything out of box or bag, just lean meats, veggies, etc. Substitute processed foods for non. Trust me you can do it...
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Can you borrow DVDs from the library? Once you've gone thru them for several times, you will remember the routine, or write it down. There are tons of online resources for free, too. Good luck!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    If you have Netflix (I do and it's $8.65/ month.. easy on the budget) they have alot of workout DVD's included in their online viewing section.

Body weight move suggestions: Squats, lunges, pushups, jumping jacks, plie squats, planks, front kicks, back kicks, round house kicks, punching (jab, cross, hook, upper cut).. lots of things out there! You don't have to do a full 30 minute workout, you can do 20 squats here and then 25 jumping jacks. Sometimes creativity can bring out a good workout!