HELP HELP HELP HELP!! I NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Options
Okay it is showing I am supposed to eat 1200 cals a day.... I am exercising about 4 to 5 days a week burning 400 to 550 in cals depending on the day. Then its giving me more calories to eat but I dont know if I should eat them! I want the best weight loss possible!
suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You'll likely be hungry and tired if you don't eat them. Some people can eat them all (or even more) and still lose.

You might need to play around with how much to eat back before finding the right mix for you. You want to eat enough so that you are not hungry, but are still losing.
  • twridley
    twridley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Use them and you will still lose weight!!! But if ypu decide not to, you will lose faster. However, keep in mind...you should consume at least 1200 cals/day for heathly living.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    eat at least half of them. MFP has already given you a defecit so tuck in.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I eat them back (mostly) and it has worked for me! (on a 1200 plan too)
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat enough of mine back I will wake up because I am hungry. I LOVE SLEEP. So I make sure I don't go to bed too far below.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To the OP - it may sound counter-intuitive to eat back your exercise calories but if your caloric deficit is too high you end up feeling fatigued which in turn leads to lower workout intensity which reduces the non weight loss related benefits of exercising.
  • season0508
    Options
    I love the website you guys posted!! Okay so the vote from everyone is eat back at least half to all of your exercise cals! Lots of times I have 300 of my calories left over for the day just didnt know what was healthy! Thanks so much guys!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Also (and it might seem obvious, but people do sometimes wonder...) you don't have to wait until after the exercise to eat the calories. If you know you're going to do a workout later on, but don't like eating too much at night, you could just have a bit extra for breakfast or lunch. Then you'll have more fuel to do work out. :smile:
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA! That website it GREAT!
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options

This makes me giggle every time I see it. :laugh:
  • sarymil
    sarymil Posts: 1
    Options
    If you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and it will slow down your weight loss
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    oh look, it's this thread again.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Also (and it might seem obvious, but people do sometimes wonder...) you don't have to wait until after the exercise to eat the calories. If you know you're going to do a workout later on, but don't like eating too much at night, you could just have a bit extra for breakfast or lunch. Then you'll have more fuel to do work out. :smile:

Thanks! I've been thinking about this for the last week and decided I'm just going to have to plan ahead for a great workout.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I will tell you this...1200 calories will do nothing but cause somewhat of a loss in the beginning, slow your metabolism down, and when you do finally eat you will hold the weight and the vicious cycle of dieting begins...

Please do some research on BMR and TDEE and small deficits that allow the body to function at an optimal level but at a deficit to lose the fat.

I sent you a group invitiation to a group of over 1300 people eating and losing weight..you just don't have to starve to acheive a nice tones slim body... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • 1tdavidson
    Options
    If the program is telling you to consume 1200 calories a day to lose weight, and you're burning 400-550 each work out, you need to make up the lost calories. If you don't take in enough calories your body will think it's starving. Then it'll start storing the fat to survive on, instead of letting it go.