Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Subway?

2»

Replies

• I'll be honest, I'm no vegetarian. I've given up red meat slowly over the last year or so-but still crave steak or a burger occasionally. When I hit subway, which is often with their footlong special, I only get a veggie delight. Even adding extra veggies does not signifigantly increase the overall calories. Load it up and it is not that bad. Plus, then you can afford to have the cheese....
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    aw but I need that meat... it's ok, I usually go for the 6 inch roasted chicken on wheat, and I have the cheese but I don't have any sauce on it.... mmmm toasted with lettuce, tomato and green peppers... yummy, the calorie count is still pretty low.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I have nothing to add to this thread except for the fact that I love subway and could live off of it. I was talking to my co-worker about buying one but then decided I would eat all the profit. :laugh:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    I love the honey mustard sauce. It's 30 calories a serving and no fat!:happy:
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    This is completely off topic and unrelated but I can't do Subway without the cheese... Just can't do it. :laugh:

I am there with ya. For me... no sub is complete without cheese and its Chipotle sauce.

I'm not that big of a cheese person. I skip the cheese. I don't like it's texture

i wish i hated cheese:wink: i wouldnt have to count calories as much then:)
  • jumanji
    jumanji Posts: 3 Member
    I used to have wraps as well then discoverd there was 310 calories in a wrap compared to just 200 in a 6" whole wheat sandwich. So much for wraps being the healthier choice. They're wraps certainly aren't whole wheat.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Believe it or not lunch meat is exceptionally low in calories, I guess due to the processing.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Believe it or not lunch meat is exceptionally low in calories, I guess due to the processing.

Cold cuts are also notoriously high in sodium content.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I totally agree with the veggie delight comment. I always would get an italian sub loaded with mayo and oil n vinegar and I switched now to the veggie delight on whole wheat and I love it!! I get it loaded with all the veggies they have (except olives yuck) and I don't even miss the meat. I almost feel like something is messing with my brain b/c I would have never ordered that a year ago.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    ok when logging a subway sandwich in how do it do it as im guessing its calorie count is if you had everything that makes that up but i dont have cheese in mine (cant eat the stuff) no sauces or dressings and i dont have halipinos and olives so how would i do it i have the subway club and after reading above taht the wrap is more claories than the whole wheat bread then mmmm think im may change it
    must say the bread there is the only one that doesnt make me bloated and feel awfull
This discussion has been closed.