food grade hydrogen peroxide

Options
2»

Replies

• springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I believe a friend of mine tried it last year. He added about 1/4 tsp hydrogen peroxide to a gallon of water, and would drink it over the course of the day. He claimed (at the time) that it helped him lose weight, and reduced inflammation in his joints, etc. He now claims that it was a placebo. He now thinks the benefits were from the water.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Yes, but both the lizard people and the flying spaghetti monster use hydrogen peroxide. So there.

ROFL! for reeeal! bahhahah! love this :)
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that your blood stream does not get more oxygen by drinking hydrogen peroxide. Mainly because it still has to make a trip through your stomach, kidneys,liver and such. I think your body would just expel the excess gas that happens when peroxide comes in contact with things. I know that with prolonged exposure peroxide can be used to bleach teeth and lighten hair, but I think those same chemicals would do serious damage to your esophagus, and stomach lining.
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    I cannot imagine any health benefits being connected to ingesting peroxide. I am with springseterna, drink a gallong of water a day and eat 5-6 small healthy meals the weight will fall off your body. There are NO short cuts!