juicing!!!!!!

Options
i have recently started juicing (a week ago)

and wanted to get more input on this and recipes!!!!

im a diabetic and most recipes i have seen are an overkill to my sugar levels, help!!!

Replies

• MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well, since you'd be using mostly fruits, and fruits are mostly sugar, I don't know if there will be that many you can do. If you're diabetic, this may not be the best thing for you.
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    Juice veggies! OMG cucumbers are TO DIE for when juiced. I LOVE the smell of them when they're juiced. Carrots, cucumbers, and an apple is a nice coooool drink. Esp in the heat :)

I like to just put a bunch of veggies I would NEVER eat and drink them all down at once. lol

Mix in apples and it will have a nice sweet taste. But if you're diabetic make sure you're sticking with mostly veggies.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good. What kind of juicer do you use?
  • fluecok
    fluecok Posts: 52
    Options
    thats exactly what i do =)

i was told to put protein in it, so i use a soy vanilla protein
    started that yesterday
  • sid719e
    sid719e Posts: 47
    Options
    My daily juice is this:

Kale (six leaves or so)
    Celery (3 stalks)
    Cucumber (the whole thing)
    Carrot (maybe 2)
    1/2 Apple
    Lemon (peel it or it will be too bitter)

If you want less sugar, leave out the carrot. It may not sound very good, but it's the best.
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    My daily juice is this:

Kale (six leaves or so)
    Celery (3 stalks)
    Cucumber (the whole thing)
    Carrot (maybe 2)
    1/2 Apple
    Lemon (peel it or it will be too bitter)

If you want less sugar, leave out the carrot. It may not sound very good, but it's the best.

I ALWAYS try and add Kale when I juice!

Annnd the juicer I have...it's a Breville...idk which one though. They're pretty nice.
  • sandral73
    sandral73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't have a juicer so I do mine in the blender - 1/2 cup of either Naked Juice green goddess or blue machine, 3 cups of spinach, 4-5 stalks of kale, 1/2 a green apple, water as needed. Sometimes I add celery and/or cucumbers also. I like that I keep all the pulp versus just getting the juice, but either way is good.
  • jazzhatch
    Options
    My afternoon pick me-up is: 2 Apples
    4 stalks of Celery
    2 Cups of Broccoli
    1 Cup of Carrots
    2 Cups of Spinach
  • sdalhover
    Options
    Twice a day, AM and PM, I have 2-3 cups of this juice 1:1 ratio

Bolthouse Farms Organic Carrot Juice
    Organic Spinach Leaves

I throw that in the Vitamix and 30 seconds later its in my stomach working its magic. I also make them the night before work and take them with me so I can enjoy them there.

If you don't like the veggie taste then change the ration so there is more carrot going in. It is much sweeter than spinach and you won't even taste the spinach on a 3:1 ratio of carrot to spinach.
  • NaturallyMariam
    Options
    Get into drinking more green juices, its very easy to make them tasty but low in sugar. Using fruits like apples, pears, berries are great options. You can find me quick guide book to green juicing here http://www.greenjuiceaday.com/green-juice-101/green-juice-101-guide/
    Lots more content/recipes are coming.