Replies

• gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    shock absorber. :bigsmile:
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump! I will be checking some of these out!
  • lizct16
    lizct16 Posts: 12
    Options
    This is all great! I need sports bra help too! I can't run, jump rope or jumping jacks without 2 bras!! and I'm only (funny I can only say ONLY on this thread) a 34D
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm big chested, not quite as big as you, but I found a great bra that I find gives me the best support of any sports bra I've had in the past. It's an under armor that zips up the front it criss crosses in the back which I feel has given me the most support. Instead of the one's that cross at the top and then go down the spine in once piece. The criss cross for me has way better support. I'd love to find one that doesn't zip up the front, because occasionally I have the (awkward) problem of it unzipping in the middle of exercise. Luckily this mostly happens at home, and has only happened once at the gym. I got this particular bra at Sports Authority, but you may be able to find something on under armor website.
    Oh, and for a quick fix, what I used to do in high school, when I couldn't afford an expensive supportive sports bra, I would wear two. I would wear one that was just a little to small first then a normal size one that would hold anything extra in.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber all the way - 34H and my pups don't move at all!
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have a shock absorber sports bra and its fab, holds everything in place as it should do lol!
    I like how it had extra thick straps too xxx
  • Nicolevdw
    Nicolevdw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Enell is the best I have ever tried -- I got mine from TitleNine.Com. The one I am using now I have probably had for about two years, and it still provides a lot of support.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Bump...love good discounts on the Heavy Chest woman....
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else put a regular cotton bra under their sports bra? That's what I usually do, but it sucks wearing two and I worry the underwire interferes with my HRM. Are those Enell bras good enough to really just wear that alone? Also, how do they measure up in the uni-boob department?

I also do reg bra under sports bra. It's the only thing that makes me feel secure and I don't look like that one-boob chick from "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist".
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The guys will love me for this...BOUNCE TEST!

I got tired of the double bra thing so this is what I've found

Has anyone tried out Lynx? Of all the videos, I think I like this the best:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elhDwOfcvVM

Enell is also impressive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyW__6MmWvg

A bunch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7g9cI2ZQsA&feature=fvsr

The rest:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bounce+test+bra&oq=bounce+test+bra&aq=f&aqi=p-p2&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=youtube-psuggest.3..35i39l2.34099.35763.0.35900.15.14.0.0.0.0.136.927.9j4.13.0.

Even tho many of "the rest" are much more aesthetically pleasing, they seem to suck.

I did a few bounce tests on my own with several kinds. Champion, under armor, moving comfort, triumph, lulu, generic etc. They all sucked compared to one of the champion ones (I was so surprised, happy I tried it on). Also, they didn't squat me in. Everything was just held in place.

One thing I've found for me unfortunately is where I'm small around the ribs and 5 inches larger around the bust sport bra fits blow. I'm a 30DD but if I try on a sports bra that's humongous. Even some small/mediums are baggy in the chest (but sometimes to small around the ribs).
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else put a regular cotton bra under their sports bra? That's what I usually do, but it sucks wearing two and I worry the underwire interferes with my HRM. Are those Enell bras good enough to really just wear that alone? Also, how do they measure up in the uni-boob department?

I feel fine with one bra in my shock absorbers and one of my freya. I never wear 2. The only ones that aren't that great are the ones that no longer fit in the band. They are good for jumping around with no issue. Freya = no uniboob. Shock Absorber has superior support with uniboob. But no need for 2 at all. I have one other crappier sports bra, that does ok with minimal bounce.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I use the Enell bras. While I really like them for comfort, I would only say they are "okay" at controlling the bounce of the boobies. Maybe it is just me, but I've come to the realization that I'm a double D and you know what, they are going to bounce some. So, I've gotten over it, and kind of say just screw it in regards to having no bounce. I'm not about to wear two bras, but that is just me.

Try shock absorber. Excellent for bounce. Good for comfort. Normal sizes. :D
  • jadedone
    Options
    Freya and Shockabsorber work for me. (I wear a 36H) These are pricy but good. Frey gives you better shape. Shock Absorber has very good support, crappy shape. Sources:
    Very.com
    Bare Necessities
    Figleaves.com

I have heard good things about Enell, but I have't tried it.

Very.com is super cheap, I got a Shock Absorber bra for $35. Last time I paid $50. I have paid around $40 on average. I think you need to replace the sports bras every 6-12 months depending on how many are in your rotation. I am getting around to replacing mine now, but have only been exercising very consistently for about 4 months. But I am replacing mostly for size, not wear and tear. I shrunk in the band a bit and they are loose.

This is spot on. The only thing I would add is that the crappy shape of Shock Absorber sports bras is from it smooshing you down quite a bit. Not sure about everyone, but it makes me spill over on the sides unless I go up one size. Also, it's not great for yoga.

Yup me too. I went up in the cup and it was perfect, but still uniboob! :)
  • jadedone
    Options
    would anyone know of where you can buy the bra's offline?! 40dd here

You might do OK at Lane Bryant. I haven't tried their sports bras, but they carry that size. Also Nordstroms and REI too.
  • saltskinmermaid
    Options
    I'm 32FF and I got my Shock Absorber sports bra (which is amazing!) off ebay! I can actually RUN now and do jumping jacks!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just bought a few sports bras by Ballys fitness at the local Sam's out here. I'm only a D now, was a DD-E prior, but they really seem do the trick while im running and have no underwire. They are sooo comfortable that I wear one out during walks etc... I look flat as a board but they work great!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD and usually wear my regular bra underneath my sports bra for extra support, especially on high intensity cardio days. I got my sports bra at Target, it's Champion brand. It's pretty decent for when I just do weights but if I'm bouncing around a lot I prefer to have some extra support :happy:
  • jry823
    jry823 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would also totally suggest the Juno sports bra at Moving Comfort- I've got three! Adjustable straps, hook and eye closures, and I can truly say it's the first sport bra I have ever run in and not given a second thought to bounce. and as a former Target bra buyer, I can say- it is WORTH the extra $$$ to have a bra that does its job. I can't imagine having to layer bras. Not in Texas.
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've literally been searching for WEEKS!! Thanks for this post! The bra size i'm wearing now is a 42 DDD from Lane Bryant, but i think i might have gone down a cup size since i have quite a bit of gapping. I really want something SUPER supportive (i do a lot of jumping a shaking in Zumba) but i don't want a uniboob!! Every one i've tried on in the stores is a piece of junk!!! no support or gives me "torpedo boob" (i was a nursing mother so some of ya'll will get this one lol) Can't a girl get a little support...dang!