So is an elliptical only for the ladies?

Options
The last few times I've gone to the gym I've noticed that if I use an elliptical that I get strange looks from other guys. It's almost as if I've given up my man card to use this machine. Is there a legitimate reason for this? I just know it's a lot easier on my knees to use than a treadmill and I get around the same calorie burn according to the HRM on the machine. Help me out here. Is it just me, or do other people feel the same way?

Replies

• butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That's weird. When I went to the gym I saw guys on the ellipiticals all the time...
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Guys at my gym always use the elliptical!
  • fitnessgal1318
    Options
    There are lots of men using the elliptical machines at both of the gyms I go to.
  • jna1957
    jna1957 Posts: 53
    Options
    i live on the elliptical!
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I see men, old and young, use the elliptical at the gym. Stair stepper too :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yes. it's only for ladies. in fact the machines are created in a way that they only turn on if you have a vagina.

seriously though. i see about equal representation at my gym.

and if your man card is that easily lost that it only takes being on a elliptical for it to evaporate, then go an ahead and give it away
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Nothing wrong with using the elliptical. Got to start somewhere, especially if you get joint pain.
  • mpizzle421
    mpizzle421 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The last few times I've gone to the gym I've noticed that if I use an elliptical that I get strange looks from other guys. It's almost as if I've given up my man card to use this machine. Is there a legitimate reason for this? I just know it's a lot easier on my knees to use than a treadmill and I get around the same calorie burn according to the HRM on the machine. Help me out here. Is it just me, or do other people feel the same way?

Believe it or not there is a scientific explanation for this.

The circular elliptical motion causes estrogenic tension™, resulting in minor testicular tears which then leads to a lactic acid buildup in the prostate. Dangerous stuff for a man!
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Guess I have to give up my man card then. Elliptical is one of the few cardio machines I can do, due to bad knees.
  • Stevearoonie
    Stevearoonie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    and if your man card is that easily lost that it only takes being on a elliptical for it to evaporate, then go an ahead and give it away

LMAO I didn't say I'd given it up. Just that the dudes at the gym looked at me funny :)
  • SFalconStorm
    SFalconStorm Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I see guys on the ellipticals at my gum. I don't think about it though.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should start wearing pants to the gym, then you would stop getting the funny looks.
  • Iram987
    Iram987 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    maybe they just like you! ;)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

LMAO I didn't say I'd given it up. Just that the dudes at the gym looked at me funny :)
    but now that you're the first guy in your gym to use the elliptical they are now going to be ALL over it.

oh yeah and in my gym i see all types of guys using it. old, young , muscley and the type who look like traditional marathon runners.
  • Stevearoonie
    Stevearoonie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    lol...well got a good laugh and learned something too. Thanks for the input :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I see guys on the elliptical in the gym alllll the time! Not unusual to me! :)