Healthy sauce/dressing for salads and veg.

Options

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with ranch dressing packet for a dip. I've heard its good as dressing if you thin it down with milk but haven't tried it. I don't have specific amounts, I do it to taste.
  • teripen
    teripen Posts: 15
    Options
    I like the Ken's lite chunky blue cheese and the Ken's Lite Sun-dried Tomato. It's so good.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Bolthouse farms Yogurt Dressing - it's SO delicious (especially the honey mustard) and it's about 40 calories in 2 teaspoons and is all natural with no preservatives, and, well, try it out and see for yourself!!! it's a great healthy alternative =]

My suggestion to.
  • ButterScuttles
    Options
    Annie's Goddess dressing and Lite Honey Mustard are both SO good! Organic, gluten free (if you care about that), and low sugar content.

http://www.annies.com/products/Natural-Dressings
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Almond oil and Basamic Vinegar ..the Almond oil does not solidify in the fridge plus it is good fat. It's a lot better for you than processed salad dressing full of chemicals. I put some herbs in it also and switch them around to keep from getting tired of it.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lacy276
    lacy276 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I found this Balsamic Vinaigrette at Wal Mart called Maple Grove Farms of Vermont. It's less then $3 a bottle. Only has 15 calories per 2 tbsp, 0 Fat, 95 mg sodium, 3g carb, 2g sugar. It's the best nutritionally that I have found and has a little kick. It's also Allergen, Gluten, and High Fructose Corn Syrup Free. I use it on my salads, but I also marinade my asparagus, squash, and zucchini in it before grilling them sometimes.

dressing.jpg
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Newman's Light Balsamic Vinagrette
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I love to make a dressing of 1 T butter, 1 T olive oil (or just use 2T olive oil and no butter), fresh lemon zest, fresh squeezed lemon juice,minced garlic and cracked pepper and a bit of salt. Just saute it until its warm and toss cooked veggies in it. It's delicious on broccoli and asparagus and it goes really far and adds a punch of yummy flavor.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I use fresh salsa.

Me too! i especially like salasa mixed with a little plain greek yogurt. I also use straight balsamic vinegar.

huh? salsa with yogurt? I may have to try that.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Rasberry Vinagarette. I also like a little Ponzu Sauce alone or mixed with a little Light Italian dressing.
  • marygettingfit
    marygettingfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump for idea's!!
  • roberts1027
    Options
    This is dressing is from the Berry Spinach Salad I think that was on a blog here but it's 6oz raspberry or strawberry fat free yogurt (I'm thinking you can use a flavor you like), 2 tsp olive oil & 2 tsp raspberry balsamic vinegar, balsamic vinegar or lemon juice. This make 4 servings and comes out depending of course on what you choose and the difference in brands it comes out to be about 40 cals or less per serving. I've tried the raspberry yogurt with raspberry balsamic vinegar and strawberry with lemon juice and they were both very good. I'm not sure if someone has posted the same thing or not.
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with the Light Asian Toasted Sesame by Kraft. It is so good.
    I agree, this is a great dressing.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love tossing salads in just red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. A lot of times I'll make it ahead of time and let them marinade. If I want a legit salad dressing, I mix oil, red wine vinegar, seasoned salt, and Italian seasoning together. Or for a really good spinach salad dressing, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oil, and seasoned salt.

I almost never buy bottled dressing anymore, and frankly, I don't really like it anymore either. Low fat salad dressings tend to be high in sugar anyway. At least this was I can use healthy oils like olive oil and control how much I use.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    We like Wishbone Basalmic Vinegrette. :)
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    I usually just put balsamic vinegar on a salad. Its especially good caprese style with a tomato and mozzarella :) If straight balsamic is too intense, heat it up in a pan until it becomes thicker, and it takes away a lot of the POW.

If you cant take it straight, mix in a little honey and a small amount of extra virgin olive oil

I also sometimes if i dont want the vinegar on my salad will use regular dressing and lightly dip each bite. You actually eat way less dressing that way because you feel like every bite has just enough of the dressing :)
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    I got from another MFP member

cottage cheese- I use the whole large tub- can do fat free if you want
    and 1 packet ranch dry dip or dressing- currently I am using fiery ranch

all in food processor and add water til desired thickness

I got 20 servings 1/4 cup each 40 calories each