E-Mail from a friend

Options
2»

Replies

• HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    I too have been getting a few emails from people since I have been posting my progress on Facebook...and from people I NEVER thought I would hear from. They all want to know my "SECRET" and how I stay motivated. It's hard to tell them because I know it might not be an answer they want to hear. YOU HAVE TO WANT IT....Determination is such a key (at least for me) and I am not using any kind of SECRET DIET company or shake or pills or surgery...it's just the "HOLY @!&% I'm 40 Time to Move My *kitten*" Program! I worry about losing my motivation and going back to where I was but I also know there is a part of me that is terrified to go backwards. At this point, for my health....I need to do this...FOR ME.

I'm only 17 lbs in but I am not stopping! I am going to do this...because I am WORTH IT and so are my kids!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    BUMP
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You are right on it!! Great post!
  • Poniesarepretty
    Poniesarepretty Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bumpity bump! Great post!
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • armitchell83
    armitchell83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DoingthisforChris
    Options
    Dont mean to ask a ridiculous question but I have too LOL

If my calories for the day is set at 1200 and I burn lets say 580 I should be eating less than 580? I am also foriegn to this and would love some tips..

Currently daily cal is 1200 if I burn 580 I try to eat 1480-1580 is this wrong?
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

If my calories for the day is set at 1200 and I burn lets say 580 I should be eating less than 580? I am also foriegn to this and would love some tips..

When I say calories burned, I mean ALL the calories you burn daily, not just from exercise...

To lose weight, the total calories that you eat in a day should be less than the total calories you burn in a day, also called TDEE--Total Daily Energy Expenditure. (Some people average this by the week instead of daily.)

Your TDEE is all of the energy you expend from being alive (breathing, heart pumping) plus daily activities (walking, working, laughing, talking), plus any exercise you may or (may not) do.

"Exercise calories" are specific to the MyFitnessPal set up. MFP doesn't take any exercise into account when approximating your calorie goal. If you are using it exactly the way it is set up (which most people do) and logging in your exercise calories, you should be eating them back. If you have your goal at 1200 calories and you burn 580, you should technically be eating 1780 calories (net 1200). Some people don't eat all of the exercise calories, some do. Here are a couple of links for you:

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/474-unofficial-mfp-faq

Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • DoingthisforChris
    Options

When I say calories burned, I mean ALL the calories you burn daily, not just from exercise...

To lose weight, the total calories that you eat in a day should be less than the total calories you burn in a day, also called TDEE--Total Daily Energy Expenditure. (Some people average this by the week instead of daily.)

Your TDEE is all of the energy you expend from being alive (breathing, heart pumping) plus daily activities (walking, working, laughing, talking), plus any exercise you may or (may not) do.

"Exercise calories" are specific to the MyFitnessPal set up. MFP doesn't take any exercise into account when approximating your calorie goal. If you are using it exactly the way it is set up (which most people do) and logging in your exercise calories, you should be eating them back. If you have your goal at 1200 calories and you burn 580, you should technically be eating 1780 calories (net 1200). Some people don't eat all of the exercise calories, some do. Here are a couple of links for you:

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/474-unofficial-mfp-faq

Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:

Really appreciate that, I was thinking I have this all wrong... Thank you and I also will be using your workout regimen :wink:
  • Iris_Jay
    Iris_Jay Posts: 17
    Options
    Very nice! LOVE IT!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...my "reverse lunge from box" on workout B is actually this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xMSyG1DIK0

Better known as "Dumbbell reverse lunge from a deficit." Just wanted to clarify.
  • Ginny2262
    Options
    Great post. I think working up to 'heavy lifting' is just what I need to add to my strength training vs. being happy with only using smaller dumbbells. Just went out and downloaded the book from Amazon. Thanks!!!!