Hello! I'm Fat! Nice to meet you!

Options
The title just about sums it up... I'm working towards a healthier me as well as helping my dog work her way to healthiness too... She scared me awhile back so I decided it was time for both us to shape up and be healthy... A friend showed me this site, which she uses as well... Figured I'd give it a try... I've only been here two weeks and so far Dru and I are sticking to it!... GOOD HEALTH TO YOU ALL! Toodles!

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic title. I want to wish you luck on your weight loss journey. I just started this site last monday and I"ve already lost 4 lbs. So, this site really does work. You just have to keep at it, even if you get knocked down you have to get back up and say "tomorrow is a new day, I will do better tomorrow". This really is a great site and very motivational.

I'm part of a great support group. Feel free to stop in. Weigh in's are on wednesdays. It's a great group of people.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63691-a-new-me-let-s-get-started
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    welcome... wish you well on your journey :)
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!! :drinker:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You certainly sound like you have the determination that you will need! Now that you are here you also have the tools available to you so that you can succeed!

I learned so much, and that knowledge gave me the ability to make the changes that I needed to make. I once thought that losing weight was for me an impossibility. I was wrong. And it's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

It is work - I do a lot of reading and research to learn about foods and nutrition and what might be right for me - but I'm eating plenty of food - I'm not starving at all, and I'm enjoying the exercise. I know you will be able to do this, if I can do it!

And you've already got a work out partner who is cute as can be - if that's him in your ticker picture!!!

On the forums you will find a lot of great people who will be happy to give you advice, and support. So take advantage of that.

Glad you're here!
  • chicka200413
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you! You can do this with us!
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Congrats on your life choice and good luck with your goals!

Christine

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    You will find this to be your best decision ever! Welcome and happy journey!
  • cynditoney
    Options
    Hi, I am starting back again. Good luck to you and Dru!! .
  • Texann5
    Texann5 Posts: 4
    Options
    I understand about the pets health scare thing.... my dashound weighs 27 pounds, and I just couldn't pretend that he was "big boned" any more. Made me realize that i wasn't just "big boned" either. So, my friend got me started on her as well, and I've lost almost 30lbs, and Ted Bear has lost 6 (big drop for a dog!) Good luck to your and your pooch!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:

Signed,
    Still fat but healthy
  • mandytinch
    Options
    me to.. i knew i was gaining weight;when i couldn't get into my clothes anymore. not buying new fat clothes. i will go naked first. sure everyone would like that.not! want to loose 40lbs. thats alot. i need to be healthy for myself and kids.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    The title just about sums it up... I'm working towards a healthier me as well as helping my dog work her way to healthiness too... She scared me awhile back so I decided it was time for both us to shape up and be healthy... A friend showed me this site, which she uses as well... Figured I'd give it a try... I've only been here two weeks and so far Dru and I are sticking to it!... GOOD HEALTH TO YOU ALL! Toodles!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    I NEVER EVER used to use the word "fat". I MUCH prefer "heavy". For some reason it just sounds so much better! :wink:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Good luck honey-you're gonna love this site! :drinker:
  • Sarah1980
    Options
    I just started myself and I love the title of your topic :love:
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this really is a great site. Counting calories has helped me realize that moderation really is the key. When you first start weighing things and measuring things out, like the first time I actually measured out 1 cup of cereal and put it in my bowl, I was like " are you kidding me, that's not enough food!" but the truth is once you've eaten it you realize it was and you're satisfied not uncomfortable and stuffed but happy and that really is the biggest bestest way of losing weight I think.
    Good luck you can do it!!
    signed,
    Volumptuous:flowerforyou:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Hey there...I've been using my dogs as extra motivation too! One of them is overweight, so I've been taking them on 2 mile walks at least 2-4 times per week. It's that extra little push to keep me active as well!

Best of luck on your journey! This is a great site!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, and your little dog too! :smile:
  • mandytinch
    Options
    this 1, 055 calorie diet is harder than i thought. i want to stick to it though. i do feel better in just over a weeks time. hopefully if i can loose 2lbs a week