MMMM, I love dark chocolate dreams!!!!
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Neither
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    PB (I don't care if it's going to kill me. Something will, eventually.) Also, dark chocolate cashew butter is amazing.
  • lovelylovebug
    lovelylovebug Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well I am pretty partial to peanut butter, but for health reasons I'd go almond... sadly, I haven't found yet an almond butter that I like. Can anybody recommend a brand? Maybe I will switch. :)
  • lovelylovebug
    lovelylovebug Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    PS, as long as whatever nut butter you are eating doesn't have any hydrogenated oils in it, I think you'll be okay!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Almond butter. i would have never had it until good ole WINCO came to town!

I love, LOVE, LOVE Winco!!! There's one right by my work. LOL

So I've tried the brand name almond butter, DON'T DO IT!!! It does not even hold a candle to the freshly ground almond butter that you can get at Winco.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Almond Hazelnut Butter :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really like the taste of peanut butter, so that's what I eat.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've never tried almond butter. Might have to check it out.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Most definately almond! Peanuts are not even nuts! They are in the bean family. Also, if you follow the blood type diet, you will find that peanuts are bad for all blood types to eat. They have harmful lectins in them that affect everyone. All foods have lectins, and they can affect people in all different ways, some are beneficial, some are neutral, and some are harmful and it is different for every blood type. Read this if you want to know more about how lectins effect the human body.

http://www.vrp.com/digestive-health/lectins-their-damaging-role-in-intestinal-health-rheumatoid-arthritis-and-weight-loss

Interesting because I have eaten peanut butter nearly every day of my life and am in perfect health and until I got my IUD, lost weight at a rate of nearly 2 pounds a week even when I weighed within my healthy range.

So I think I'll keep eating it. And peanuts, too.
  • geminigrl622
    Options
    Never tried almond butter but I keep a jar of peanut butter at my desk and eat it when I have a sweet craving. Yummy!!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    both, but we go through peanut butter faster.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I really like sunflower butter, with a dollop of honey. Yum!
  • fitocracy
    Options
    Well I am pretty partial to peanut butter, but for health reasons I'd go almond... sadly, I haven't found yet an almond butter that I like. Can anybody recommend a brand? Maybe I will switch. :)

I don't know if it's avaliable in the US but i LOVE the brand "Nuts to You". Personally I prefer it over Marantha. Their Almond Butter and Almond Hazelnut Butter (my first impression was tastes like ferrero rocher :O ) are to DIE FOR.
    :D
  • lucky2too
    lucky2too Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a Skippy girl...but I love, love love Justin's Chocolate almond butter
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Justins Honey almond butter is awesome! Just has a hint of sweetness and all the goodness of almonds :) On a side note, does anybody know why almonds and almond butter have so much fat in them but the same is not true for almond milk? I mean yeah its diluted and all but I would still think it would be decentl calorie loaded?

btw, I love almond milk (unsweetened) but just wondered. Sorry if it has an obvious answer and I am just that stupid!
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I don't know if it's avaliable in the US but i LOVE the brand "Nuts to You". Personally I prefer it over Marantha. Their Almond Butter and Almond Hazelnut Butter (my first impression was tastes like ferrero rocher :O ) are to DIE FOR.
    :D

Almond Hazelnut butter tastes like Ferrero's eh?? Where can I get some off that?? (off to google to see if i can get it in the uk)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

Peanut butter in protein shakes, almond butter on cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Both are good. They contain different amounts of unsaturated fats poly/mono. Just make sure you try to find the ones with 0mg of salt. And they must not contain any partially hydrogenated oils. Go for the All natural ones.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    BOTH, Duh!

pbproblem.jpg

Wow you guys are exposing me to some great new alternatives!!!! Thanks