new and sad and fat and greedy and unlikeable.

Options
Hello all, I am new to this site. I like the concept of it and I am looking forward to starting a whole new way of life. I often lose about five or six kilos and always gain them back as soon a I relax a little. I can go really well for a couple of weeks or so and then I cave in and undo the lot. I will offer others support and friendship. i look forward to the support of others too.

Replies

• Helen43
    Helen43 Posts: 43
    Options
    WELCOME! :flowerforyou: I am the same way. Work a few weeks and then it all comes back. But not this time. And you are going to do it right this time too! This is a great site.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    wow, that's a lot of being down about yourself. pam, don't get down, think of this as a chance to make yourself a better person!

think of mfp as the catalyst to a new way of life. Live MFP, love MFP, and most importantly, LOVE YOURSELF for wanting to change!

best of luck to you.

Banks.
  • pammylala
    Options
    Thanks Helen, for your welcome message.. I WILL do it right this time. good on you for your nine pounds loss. I will saying that in a few short weeks, I am sure.
  • pammylala
    Options
    thankyou Banks, I will cheer up now and just get on with being the best I can, MPF is a great site as you said. it all starts Now!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • LauraGUnit
    Options
    Welcome Pammy! You're going to do great. I really recommend that you use the message boards to post about anything: successes, setbacks, wonderings, etc. People here are super supportive and will be in the back of your head when you're about to order french fries instead of asparagus with your hamburger. Remember, the little choices you make count too!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I agree with Banks, Dont be so hard on yourself! You need to like yourself to be successful on this journey! Good luck! :flowerforyou: your in the right place!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi Pammy! You know the secret to keeping it off? It's to not deprive yourself so much while losing it. Take is slow, easy, and let yourself enjoy bits of the foods you like. Then there is no "diet" to fall off of :bigsmile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Eeek at your topic title! Then again...that's how I feel too. Welcome to MFP. Remember, if you overeat, binge or have a few bad days, it doesn't mean it's the end of the journey- it just means you're human! I'll have a couple of REALLY bad days, then I'll be good for a few...that's just how it goes. Aim to have more good days than bad and to have at least a small calorie deficit at the end of the week- the weight will come off. Slow and steady. :smile: