Help fuel me, please

Options
i have tried high fiber, high protein, mixing proteins and carbs, eating "clean". Nothings seems to keep me full and satisfied. Even when I'm busy and not just bored I want food. Can anybody please help? Thanks!

Replies

• nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Did you try drinking tons of water? I realized that increasing my water intake and dividing my day into 6 meals keeps me full.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Define "high protein" and "high fiber"
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    what is your fat intake like? Healthy fats are NOT bad for you. They will keep you full for a long, long time, especially when combined with some veggies and protein.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    I agree that water is a great appetite suppressant. I eat about every couple of hours, small things like fruits and veggies for snacks or cheeses and yogurts(sometimes I indulge in crackers and candies - still working on will power) and my meals have more protein to keep me full but everything in between is water.
  • Moonstruk
    Moonstruk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat a balanced variety. By using MFP you can watch your calories and figure out what works best for you. I have three favorite breakfasts that I rotate and always allow for snacks to fit into my 1200 calorie allowance. For me it's the exercise that makes the difference. Getting those calories back by exercising assures me of having room for a healthy snack mid-morning, mid- afternoon and evening. I also agree with nu2012 that water helps. Good luck!:smile:
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I drink as much water as possible. I switched jobs recently and don't get real breaks and we can't have food or drinks, so I don't drink as much as before, but I try to drink a ton of water before and after to make up for eat.

I eat things like quest protein bars, eggs, cheese (in small amounts), lots of veggies, some fruit, almonds. Sometimes fish, turkey sausage. Egg rolls. I'm an extremely picky eater, so that doesn't help.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Molly I know it's going to sound crazy but if you are eating all of those great foods in decent portions you shouldn't really be hungry unless you are burning them up training heavily.
    Would you think that perhaps you're thinking about food too much?
    Here's where I get crazy. If you tried a 24 hr fast and completed it successfully, you may be able to recognise what true hunger us. Then if you go back to your old habits you can ask yourself if you are really hungry or is it mind games/boredom?
    No one can't handle one day of a fast if you are young and healthy like yourself!