"Fired" by my endocrinologist ... No longer Diabetic!

Options

Replies

• SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    While looking better is great, there is no better reward than good health. I am really happy for you.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    Your story gave me tears!! How wonderful for you and your precious family. I am "pre-diabetic" taking metformin daily, last year I really thought I had a handle on getting the weight off, I was able to lose 60 of the 166 I need to lose to goal weight, but since Christmas I haven't been doing very well with the program. I am really trying to find the motivation and discipline that I had last year, and I want to let you know that this is the kind of encouragement that really hits home. Thanks for posting.
  • aulove
    aulove Posts: 34
    Options
    Congratulations! You are where I want to be...working my way there, slowly but surely. Well done!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSVs i've ever read. It brought tears to my eyes too!

And don't knock little girls and their bawling - they know what's important!!

Seriously - congratulations!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! So sweet what your little one said!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment and beautiful moment with your girls. I'm pre-diabetic and began this journey to avoid insulin. I'm on it now for me. Not running from but working towards my new life. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! These kind of successes are the most important.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! how awesome you must feel!! that is such great news!!
  • iflyplanes
    Options
    I was 246 and have lost about 30 lbs. It's stories like your that keep me going. After losing most of it with a low carb diet and exercise, I'm back to playing hockey and counting calories. Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!! CONGRATS TO YOU!! TRULY AN ACCOMPLISHMENT TO BE PROUD OF!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is awesome news!!!!
  • LisaManySongs
    Options
    Wow!! That's awesome! Congratulations!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    That is an awesome victory! You are an inspiration to us all! Congrats on your new found life and health! Keep it up!
  • dotmertsky
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to go! You inspire me.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! :happy:
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!!! What an awesome success story. Thank you so much for sharing!! :flowerforyou:
  • OKfreebird
    OKfreebird Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! Type 2 Diabetes runs in my family and I am trying to lose weight to avoid getting it! You are indeed an inspiration and keep up the good work. That is awesome!
    Rachel
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration. Thank you for your story.
  • long4theocean
    long4theocean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are proof that hard work pays off.
  • littlefishtale
    Options
    Congrats! That is a real accomplishment. I hope to be where you are in about a year (or sooner).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!