"Fired" by my endocrinologist ... No longer Diabetic!

Options

Replies

• gitrdone2012
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome:smile:
    you're living proof that reversing diabetes can be done.
    though diet and exercise a lot of aliments can disappear.
    for me it was sleep apnea and seasonal allergies.
    wtg :smile:
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a rocking A1C. I was diagnosed last year at 31...one of the most devastating yet action invoking diagnosis I could get. I'm currently only on Victoza, and hoping to be off that soon, though my A1C isn't as amazing as yours. 5.8 here. I'm curious how you handle carbs, always wanting to learn how others have controlled, or in your case, squashed, the diabetes :)
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    congratulations - you should be so proud!! and good for you for being so openly emotional in front of your daughter - that is a great thing for her to see!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That is terrific news. I couldn't be happier for you and your family. Congrats on a job well done! Wishing you continued health and success and a med-free life!!!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is so inspiring for me. I was diagnosed Type 2 15 years ago and I am working to get off my meds. My 1st A1C since starting exercise and MFP was this week and I have gone from 7.5 to 6.5 so I am heading in the right direction. Thanks for sharing your success!!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! That is what I am hopefully heading off by being here.
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great going!
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    amazing! thank you for sharing your story!
  • mahutch1
    mahutch1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am working to get off Metformin. I was taking it twice a day and am now taking it once a day. Exercise is really making a difference. Knowing someone out there has done it means I can too! Thanks for the inspiration. :bigsmile:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My husband recently started on Metformin, and I'm hoping that with working out and being more careful with food, he can get off it. His dad's also diabetic, and he isn't really overweight, but it can't hurt to get fit, right?
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you really are an inspiration! I don't know if you get to read all of these but you really are such an inspiration! You are absolutely right, eating right and exercise! :) Thanks for your inspiration, I needed it before my workout.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome NSV! You're an inspiration - I hope to follow in your footsteps someday!
  • JRC41
    JRC41 Posts: 7
    Options
    Congrats Thats a real inspiring story.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    congratulations to you. Your journey and success are amazing and you are such an inspiration. Thank you so much for posting. I loved your story.
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! That is monumental! You should be very proud of your accomplishment!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and continued support everyone!
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    That is awesome, well done you xxx
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Congratulations on a job well done!
  • TKmj5619
    TKmj5619 Posts: 20
    Options
    AMAZING! You should be very proud of yourself. So, glad you got the biggest hurrah! from your kiddos...that is very precious!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!