52 lbs so far... before and after!

Options

Replies

• Kalebs8mom
    Options
    WOW --- you look so good!!! Great job and thanks for the inspiring story!!!! Amazing!!!
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    You look amazing... How tall are you? We started around the same weight and with the same goal... But am 5'2 :)
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Very inspiring....you look amazing!!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Love your story!!! You look amazing!!!
  • chantellove
    chantellove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm 5'4, so I think 120 is a pretty healthy weight.

I do switch up between high and low calorie, but not for any set reason really, other than if I exercise and burn 1000-1500 calories, I need to make sure I am getting enough healthy calories to make up the difference. I usually try to make sure I am getting at LEAST 1000 calories a day after exercise, but sometimes I just can't eat enough to make up the difference. I also have a cheat day once a week where I usually get close to 2000 (sometimes more, oops) calories no matter what my exercise is. If I didn't have the cheat day, I would have fallen off the bandwagon long ago. I truely eat whatever I want (in moderation), I just make adjustments in other food intake and exercise to allow any and all foods!

And also, if the scale number isn't decreasing, make sure you're watching your measurements and body fat percentage, because you may be losing fat but gaining muscle!

Thanks for the reply. I'm barely 5'3 1/2", so yeah 120 is my goal as well. I don't know if I could maintain anything below that...and I have a really muscular build, so I think anything less than 120 might not work for me!

I've been watching my body fat percentage but it hasn't really changed much...I get the percentage from my electronic scale which says it measures body fat, but I'm not sure how accurate it is? It says I'm at 34.8% body fat which is SOOOO HIGH. Ugh.
  • luckygirl5918
    luckygirl5918 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow how awesme! great job!
  • cravendm
    cravendm Posts: 1
    Options
    Your post was very inspiring for me.. you look awesome.. you should be really proud of yourself! I am currently at 178.. so it kinda touched home.. and the weight you are.. seems so far away for me right now..I was originally 205.. and have lost 25 pounds since last October. I have been at my current weight for a month or so, and i am so ready to get out of my 70's. I have been doing different exercises, walking, (trying to jog), tae bo, stationary bike, in the begging swimming & using the gym. I enjoy getting a good workout. I am well aware of the healthy food choices, and i would have to be honest with myself and say that i could try a little harder in that area. The temptations are hard some weeks, i cave in and others i dont. My saving grace is my workouts. But, I really want to test my will power and eat better. Your post hit home, for me, and i had a big smile on my face when i saw your pictures because I was invisioning myself making it to the finish line like you have. You look beautiful, and your smile carries a new found confidence. And i can not wait until I get to that point in my life. I am see myself there. The journey seems long, and hard, but I know hard work pays off. I guess I have a few questions, Did you have any set backs? If so, what were they? How did you overcome them? And what time of workouts were you doing? Sounds like a lot of cardio/weight lifting... I just want to make sure I am using my workout time in a great way because I am a mom of 2~ and have to make the best out of my time! Thank you for sharing your story and pictures... i want to do the same thing when I hit my last goal! :)
  • treeeee
    treeeee Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I'm barely 5'3 1/2", so yeah 120 is my goal as well. I don't know if I could maintain anything below that...and I have a really muscular build, so I think anything less than 120 might not work for me!

I've been watching my body fat percentage but it hasn't really changed much...I get the percentage from my electronic scale which says it measures body fat, but I'm not sure how accurate it is? It says I'm at 34.8% body fat which is SOOOO HIGH. Ugh.

If your gym has a body fat scale maybe try using theirs? I looked at your pictures and almost 35% just seems high, especially if you're muscular. Maybe your scale is a little off, wouldn't hurt testing it out with another scale if you have access to it.

BTW... congrats on the 50lb drop!!
  • treeeee
    treeeee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your post was very inspiring for me.. you look awesome.. you should be really proud of yourself! I am currently at 178.. so it kinda touched home.. and the weight you are.. seems so far away for me right now..I was originally 205.. and have lost 25 pounds since last October. I have been at my current weight for a month or so, and i am so ready to get out of my 70's. I have been doing different exercises, walking, (trying to jog), tae bo, stationary bike, in the begging swimming & using the gym. I enjoy getting a good workout. I am well aware of the healthy food choices, and i would have to be honest with myself and say that i could try a little harder in that area. The temptations are hard some weeks, i cave in and others i dont. My saving grace is my workouts. But, I really want to test my will power and eat better. Your post hit home, for me, and i had a big smile on my face when i saw your pictures because I was invisioning myself making it to the finish line like you have. You look beautiful, and your smile carries a new found confidence. And i can not wait until I get to that point in my life. I am see myself there. The journey seems long, and hard, but I know hard work pays off. I guess I have a few questions, Did you have any set backs? If so, what were they? How did you overcome them? And what time of workouts were you doing? Sounds like a lot of cardio/weight lifting... I just want to make sure I am using my workout time in a great way because I am a mom of 2~ and have to make the best out of my time! Thank you for sharing your story and pictures... i want to do the same thing when I hit my last goal! :)

I am glad it got a smile out of you!! It seems like far away but once you get there it's so worth it. Just keep pushing through and envisioning the results you want. Seriously, if I'm on the elliptical or lifting weights or something and I feel like I just can't push on anymore, I envision the six pack I want and it's enough to keep me going a little more. Mind over matter!

Setbacks, hmm... not one thing really sticks out in my head, but I do have an issue with occasionally WAY over doing it and binging out on some horrible food. Then I get really down on myself, say "screw it, whatever" and slack off on exercising, double whammy!

Lately I've had this horrible though go through my head that I wish I could push out. I'd like to lose another 5-7 lbs (thats not the bad part, lol) but I've had so many friends and family members telling me how great I look, that I start to lose site of that goal and say "why keep working at it, I look just fine how I am". I think maybe lately I've been losing some motivation because I've gotten so many compliments, if that makes sense. I feel like I've got nothing to work for which is awful because I have so many more goals to meet. Somedays I am in overly motivated and some days I just don't care. I'm still working on overcoming that one, not sure how to squash that thought yet.

Last year when I was really working on losing fat my workouts were usually about 60-90 minutes and mostly cardio, only did machine type lifting for about 15-mins to a half hour usually. Lately I have slacked off on cardio a bit and started working more on building muscle by using free weights, not many machines anymore. Muscle burns more calories than fat. The way I see it, the more muscle I have, the more calories my body burns just by being alive, and I'll take all the help I can get.
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look FANTASTIC & soo pretty!! Amazing results...CONGRATS on the weight loss! Thanks for sharing your story and photos...love reading and seeing photos...gives me motivation!!
  • carriecarrot
    carriecarrot Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have to say... you look really adorable <3 lol
  • dulcemiel
    dulcemiel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, but more than that you look so much happier. Congratulations on your recent success, keep motivated.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you rock. nuf said.
  • considermac
    Options
    Oh Yeah!!! That is awesome. Great job, and great story. Thank you for sharing. :happy:
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You. Look. Incredible! You are a hottie! :flowerforyou:
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look sooooo good. Happy and healthy! Congrats. Great job :)
  • tracymarie11
    tracymarie11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations honey! You look AMAZING, and so vibrant! I love reading posts like yours because I am the same way you described yourself at the beginning -- I get so nervous at the gym because I don't know what I am doing. Do you have any tips for how to get into a good routine? I always hear about how you should switch it up, do this that and the other thing at this speed and this time, and there's so much to take in and it makes me so nervous and anxious that I just avoid going altogether, if that makes sense, haha. Either way though, congratulations! You're a wonderful inspiration! (PS. How is your boyfriend doing? Did he join MFP too?)
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - really inspiring, makes us all want to keep going. You look great and should be very proud :flowerforyou:

10696830.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are EFFING inspirational! and beautiful! thank you for this. makes me know it's truly possible to acheive something if you set your mind on it!! yay you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!