Not losing anymore...need your help please

Options
Im really not losing the weight lately... can yall look at my diary and comment.... I dont know if the exercise shows or not... but I have been working out 6-7 days a week cardio... started weights tonight....thanks! Feel free to friend me ( but please add a message...)

Replies

• chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I peaked at your diary quickly...looks relatively overall. Add more veggies! (I always have trouble with it too). However, adding veggies won't make you lose more weight necessarily.

Check this out: http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/#plateaus

Mostly, JUST KEEP GOING. When you are making constant strives to improve your eating and workouts then the progress WILL show. But just probably not as soon as you'd like. Make goals based around whether you are making these improvements and hold yourself accountable. The rest will follow. You have to have realistic expectations about how long and how that will be. You need to measure weight, fat, inches, take pictures...and sometimes even then it will seem like you're going no where sometimes. And you won't be going anywhere if you stop.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I love how you keep making me press on... when I really am not wanting too! Thank you... I hate when no progress is seen for all the hard work... but I also know it wont happen overnight...so wish it would sometimes....thanks again!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I looked through your diary and honestly many days you are not eating enough. Many days you are only netting around 900 cals. This is not enough for your body. I know it's scary but I would try eating a bit more
  • chuisle
    Options
    The other thing is be really honest with yourself about how well you're doing...just this january I was frustrating because I felt bigger and my clothes were tighter. And I had been doing pretty well! Nope. Lie. I looked at my diary, I hadn't been at all. I was only doing well 3-4 days a week. You have to self assess
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I looked through your diary and honestly many days you are not eating enough. Many days you are only netting around 900 cals. This is not enough for your body. I know it's scary but I would try eating a bit more

As a lover of food... and finally getting my fat butt off the couch and eating better... it is VERY scary to eat more... but I raised my calorie intake for tomorrow and hope that it makes a difference.... as an older woman just starting...its VERY intimidating to say the least!
  • chuisle
    Options
    Good catch, he's right. If you cals are set that low in the first place then you need to eat back your exercise calories.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I know it's intimidating but keep in mind......you are still learning.....and I don't mean from anyone else.....I mean about your body. All the calculators etc are just an estimate......As you go on this journey you have to give things time to work and gradually shift/tweak them as needed. Remember it's a marathon not a sprint and the important thing is to get to the end goal....You've got lots of good friends who are going to help along the way. ;)
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I not lost anything for 5 weeks i know i'm at the wall but i thing this week i'm gonna drop some just keep going and it will come off
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Eat your minimum calories. Its counter-intuitive but it also works.

Something else which may be considered counter-intuitive yet effective...don't work out every day. Allow your body to rest or else you will just shrink the muscle tone.

More veggies is good advice, too. Don't eat empty calories. Calories that have no nutritional value have no place in your diet.

Just my two cents.
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    Eat your minimum calories. Its counter-intuitive but it also works.

Something else which may be considered counter-intuitive yet effective...don't work out every day. Allow your body to rest or else you will just shrink the muscle tone.

More veggies is good advice, too. Don't eat empty calories. Calories that have no nutritional value have no place in your diet.

Just my two cents.

ilove your two cents... and makes sense... I so thought I was eating good....I am starting today working out every other day....just trying all options. Again... I am SO new to any of this... that it is really funny... a Seinfeld episode really...a fat chick.. from the south... watching calories... on an elliptical...weights around her feet....Im very intimidated.... but very motivated for a change still. Thank yall for the advise!
  • expressre
    expressre Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds terrible but a cheat meal always breaks my plateaus. I don’t mean go binge on Ice Cream and french fries.

I think your body gets confused and up kicks your metabolism and digestion.

For example over the weekend I ate a taco salad from the Mexican restaurant. Not the most healthiest salad choice and it was probably close to 1K calories but I ended up actually dropping 2lbs the next day. This was after two weeks of exercise and strict dieting without losing any weight.
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    Sounds terrible but a cheat meal always breaks my plateaus. I don’t mean go binge on Ice Cream and french fries.

I think your body gets confused and up kicks your metabolism and digestion.

For example over the weekend I ate a taco salad from the Mexican restaurant. Not the most healthiest salad choice and it was probably close to 1K calories but I ended up actually dropping 2lbs the next day. This was after two weeks of exercise and strict dieting without losing any weight.

Well I indulged on a burger today... and came under my calorie goal for the day.... I did bump up my calories to 1600 yesterday... Havent eaten that much yet... but trying... Its so scary to increase what I eat...
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    try eating a bigger breakfast!
  • Jessi__
    Jessi__ Posts: 31
    Options
    Yeah, I also think you're eating too little! head over to this group and check it out, it may well help you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less :)