What Would I Do??

I'm of to Spain for a Week, no computer....
Would I put every meal in paper, so I can check the calories I had during my Holiday.., when I'm back???????? or just , forget it, and be-careful what I eat????
What do you think?
HELP!!:ohwell:
Sonia:flowerforyou:

Replies

• I'm of to Spain for a Week, no computer....
    Would I put every meal in paper, so I can check the calories I had during my Holiday.., when I'm back???????? or just , forget it, and be-careful what I eat????
    What do you think?
    HELP!!:ohwell:
    Sonia:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I just went on vacation and I didn't record anything just ate when I was hungry and tried to order healthier choices from the menus. I found that I really wanted to have a good time not being completely stressed about every calorie especially when I thought I was over my daily allowance. I still ended up losing 2 lbs in 2 weeks-- not too shabby :-) have a great time
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    If it was me, I wouldn't log anything. I'd just try to eat healthy but not stress if I splurge a time or two. You can always get back on track when you get back home.
  • Spain!! and you're worried about you diet?!! Enjoy your vacation...I'm pretty sure you won't be tempted by giant turkey legs,fluffy mounds of cotton candy, big giant soft chewy pretzels, those frozen lemonaides,deep dish pizza, those curly cheese fries or anything else someone ....and I'm not saying me......might have a hard time resisting say if they took their kids to an amusement park. Don't worry about the caloric intake...just make sure you take in the scenery, the ambiance....have a wonderful time!!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    If it was me, I wouldn't log anything. I'd just try to eat healthy but not stress if I splurge a time or two. You can always get back on track when you get back home.

agree!
  • Thanks every-one.....
    I'm back!!!
    I had a lovely time, and the food was delicious:love: ........
    I didn't loose any weigh but I didn't gain any!!!!:flowerforyou:
    Sonia
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    hi there,

i know by experience that logging food on vacation is just ,,,,,,,,,,, blah,,, i tryed to, but it lasted 1 day then i gave up, eating healthy wont be too hard in spain, eat sensible portions, and you should be ok,
    i would not indulge too much with churros, (hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm churros)
    (if you dont know,, its fried up daugh, yummy)
    a lot of time when we are in vacation, my bf and me try to by food out of a grocery store and have a picknic somewhere nice (beach) instead, its nice, healthier and cheaper,, it brings out your sense of adventure :smile:

lucky your going to spain,,, i lived there for a while ( in the south) stay off the beated track (like you resort if your staying at one) and you will see wonderfull things,

may
  • Thanks May-Marie.....
    Originally I'm from The Basque Country(north Spain) but i left 12 years ago.....
    I love churros!!!!!! Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    But the last time I had some, was yearsssssssss ago.....
    Have you ever been in the north? Is very beautiful, and the food amazing!!
    It's very different than the south.....
    Take care

Sonia