5'-5'2" girls! what's your goal weight and body fat %?

Options

Replies

• iloveflipflops1
    iloveflipflops1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and 5'1" and I would love to be 130.I am 151 now. I have no idea what my body fat is supposed to be but I am working really hard to get it down.
  • amymurray529
    amymurray529 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    am 5'3 and 160lbs. My bmi is 28.55. Make sure you go on the CDC's website for accurate measurements. I am taller than you, just a cpl lbs more and I wear a sz 14 in jeans. Is all your weight at the top?
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and a half, 135 pounds would like to get to 120 or 125. My body fat percentage is 25% last time I checked.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and when I started I was 165lbs and at 39% BF, I am currently at 16% when I got it tested in January. My goal is to get to 14%. I weigh 128lbs.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and last time I checked using an online calculator it was 24.7%( my scale said the same thing so I'm guessing it's right)
    I'm currently around 23% now..
    My goal is 17-21%

Anyone with similar goals feel free to add me! (:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", weigh around 118, and don't really have a weight loss goal, as much as a 'lose fat, gain muscle' goal. Haven't had a proper BF measurement, but calculators usually put me in the 25 - 26 % ballpark, and I'd like that to be around 20%.
  • SaiLex15
    SaiLex15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and almost 2" .. and my goal weight is 115.. ;) I'm 124 now, 135 last month..My body fat is 25ish., want to be around 20%..
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2". My goal is 120. Really I feel like I could go down as far as 100-110 and be healthy. I used to weigh that a loooooooong time ago but I am not sure if it is realistic anymore, so I will reassess at 120. I have no idea about the body fat percentage.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your numbers from? Your BMI doesn't seem right to me....

I'm 5 feet tall, I started at 180 and my body fat was 35%, I'm now 138 and my BMI is 26%. My goal is to get to 125-126lbs, so I have a healthy BMI of 25%

i used the fat 2 fit website they have a calculator that used measurements height age and weight. this isn't my first time on MFP, last year i lost a lot of weight and started exercising like crazy then i stopped, gained some back and now here i am. my arms and legs are still pretty toned. i'm trying to get back down to 145 where i was at when i felt if i was any thinner i would look sickly, and tone my mid-section.

EDIT: I wear a size 7 jr in jeans.

Wow when I wore a size 7 I weighed 103 lbs. You must have a lot of muscle, especially since you said you worked out a lot before. I am betting your waist is really thin and the weight you carry is from muscle.
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair under 5'3 and I'm currently at my goal, I think. I'm 108 when I wake up and according to various websites, my BF% is somewhere around 14-16%. Maintaining is my next challenge...
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 30 years old, 131 pounds and 20-23percent (depending on method used to test). I'm aiming for 125 and 16-17 percent body fat.
  • vickiebarnes2
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" I don't know my body fat but my goal weight is 120.
  • davlin41
    davlin41 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Caitlin I am 5'3" and currently weigh 168 lbs - my target weight is around 150 lbs but when I did the BMI calculator on here I find that I have to be below 141lbs to even enter into the healthy range!! Perhaps as you are the same height as me then your goal would need to be about the same? hope it helps. keep at it! we have a job to do here and the rewards of confidence and size 12 (UK) will be well worth it x
  • davlin41
    davlin41 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Caitlin I am 5'3" and currently weigh 168 lbs - my target weight is around 150 lbs but when I did the BMI calculator on here I find that I have to be below 141lbs to even enter into the healthy range!! Perhaps as you are the same height as me then your goal would need to be about the same? hope it helps. keep at it! we have a job to do here and the rewards of confidence and size 12 (UK) will be well worth it x
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Didn't realise there were so many of us around the same height.

I'm 30, 5'2" and currently 143lb, I know from previous weight losses I dont look good at anything under 120lb, 130lb is much more realistic and achievable. Though I'm looking for small step goal, first stop 140lb, then 133lb.

I'm not too worried about BMI and all that, as long as I'm keeping fit and eating healthier.
  • skinywiny
    Options
    106lbs and bf: 15%
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" (of course that half inch is very important). My weight fluctuates between 105-110. While I am happy with my weight i would like to reduce my BF from its current 22% to between 18-20%
  • mollydaub
    Options
    I'm just starting out, I'm 5'3" and weigh 170, I'd like to get down to 130. I'm not sure about the BMI, how do I figure that out?
  • SpankyBuns
    SpankyBuns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 5'2" I am 53 years old .I would like to get to 130 I am currently 154, previously years ago when I was on diet I dropped to 126 people were asking me if I was okay, was I sick, so I'm shooting for 130 as my doctor said I would have a in range BMI ....Good luck to all us shorty's.:flowerforyou:
  • cindalinka
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am 5'1, 151lbs and 37 years old. My body fat is around 25% and want to get it back down to 18%. I really wish MFP went by body fat percentage and not weight. Muscle is heavy. I don't mind if my weight goes up as long as my body fat is creeping up as well. I am really happy when I weigh about 145lbs. I like some curves and want to have toned muscles. I have to laugh at my doctor as she will take my weight, calculate my BMI and start to say 'we need to talk about your wt.' Then she looks at me and says 'never mind.' She has not added on to my chart "Exercises +++"
    I only use my scale to see my body fat. When I get measured at the gym with the calpers it is usually really close but my body fat is usually 2-3% lower with the calpers. Would love to friend any other gals like me...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!