how do I figure out...

Options
how many calories if I have no idea what I will eat?? I am going to a friend's wedding this weekend and I have no idea what they will be serving. I can't not eat and I don't want to look real picky because I won't be with my family. I don't want to worry about what I will eat at the rehearsal dinner or the party dinner. Any tips or ideas as to how to document stuff like this?

Replies

• pagham
    pagham Posts: 29
    Options
    I wouldn't bother trying to work it out. Obviously try and choose what looks more healthy out of the options given but just go with the flow and get back on track tomorrow.

I'm going to my sister's on Saturday evening and the drink will be flowing and she is doing four courses. I will have my normal breakfast and lunch, eat what is put in front of me plus a bottle of champers won't even touch the sides.

I have had a few days like this since I started where it is impossible to accurately assess calories and when I go out, if I'm paying for a meal I want to make sure I actually enjoy the food I am eating (though I do love salads and lots of vegetables) so that does help to make choices relatively easy). Despite this, I have still lost 12lb in around 10 weeks (and my initial goal was only 14lb though will probably try for another few after that) without any structured exercise other than walking the dog, gardening, general housework, that sort of thing.

My main concern now, is getting where I want to be by the time I go to the UK for five weeks on holiday and being able to keep it all off then!!