The difference a year makes!

Options
XXXMinnieXXX
XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
Hi I'm Zara. 26 from Manchester UK. 1 year ago I joined weight management within the NHS and I've been on MFP for the last 260 days. I have Fybromyalgia, anxiety and depression. This years been tough. I fell really ill in November, and it took lots of hospital admissions and until February to find out I had liver tumors caused by my contraceptives. They were blocking my blood vessels hence the horrendous pain and feeling so poorly.

March 1st I had a liver resection and my gall bladder removed. (I'd also been having gall bladder attacks for 2 years!) Major surgery and its a long hard recovery. Things are slowly getting better though.

3 weeks ago I changed my diet to high protein, low carb. This is thanks to my friend Jill guiding me and showing me the way. My macros are now 35% protein, 35% carbs and 30% fat. I eat 1500 calories per day. I had remained the same weight for 6 months; a massive accomplishent with all the stress and inactivity as I used to be a massive binge eater. The new macros have me feeling much fuller and satisfied and are making things much easier. I remained the same weight for a week and half after changing them, but have dropped 5lbs in the last 8 days.

Today was my one year anniversary at weight management, despite the year I've had these are the improvements I've made...

SW 136.8kg (301lbs)
CW 112.2kg (246.8lbs)
(-56lbs\4 stones)

Starting Blood pressure: 140\117
Current: 108\74

Starting heart rate: 140+
Current: 70s.

Until I got ill I was doing Zumba 5 days a week and walking 6-7 days a week. My fybromyalgia greatly improved and my depression, anxiety, blood pressure and heart rate improved greatly. I can't wait to get back to this! I found I love exercise! Get moving! You won't regret it!

Before:

Image0068.jpg

Image0072.jpg

After:

[56down1-1.jpg

56down2-1-1.jpg

Not the best after pictures, but gives you an idea...

Zara x

Replies

• Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Great job, Zara!!! :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Thankyou :-) x
  • beckihadfield87
    Options
    Amazing Zara, well done you! xx
  • theycallmemel
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. Well done you!!
  • katetaylor999
    katetaylor999 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Massive well done for getting through the past year - I'll keep an eye out for ya!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Pictures added. Sorry they are not the best! Those of you just starting out get a good before and after, even though you hate doing it. I regret not doing proper before and afters now! Zara x
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    No way sweetie.... that cant' even be you!! You have got to be one of the strongest most determined people I have EVER run across! You have come such a long way and accoplished so much....You should be incredibly proud of yourself! Here's to your continued success, health and new lease on life! :drinker:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    i cant even believe that's me either! lol. if 56lbs has made that much difference, imagine another 78! (goal) Can't wait! It is a whole new life! I used to spend all the time i wasn't working in bed because my fybromyalgia was so bad from being so inactive. I couldn't see that it was because i was so inactive. I just thought I was too ill to exercise. Little did i know exercise would change my life. If i wasn't in bed i was eating! Gained 100lbs in a year, and was incredibly depressed... It wasn't a life. It was an existence. Im so glad things have changed so much. I cant wait to see where i am in another year! x
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Its so exciting to see your progress so far... Even more exciting to be able to look firward to watching you continue the journey! You've had such amazing results so far but the best is yet to come!! :D xx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    The best IS yet to come! That's whats so exciting! x
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    great job on pulling through all that you have !
    i've seen your posts time and again since i started in january and always have great words to say to everyone. i do have a few words to say to your friends though..... Go take a kick a%$ pic of your friend Zara so we can get a really good look at how far she has come !! Good Luck on getting back into your groove as you continue to recover and get healthier .
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    great job on pulling through all that you have !
    i've seen your posts time and again since i started in january and always have great words to say to everyone. i do have a few words to say to your friends though..... Go take a kick a%$ pic of your friend Zara so we can get a really good look at how far she has come !! Good Luck on getting back into your groove as you continue to recover and get healthier .

Aw thank you. Next girls night i will get a kick *kitten* picture lol. Promise! Is about time i got a proper update picture. I don't find many pictures I like of myself though! x
  • flipsit
    flipsit Posts: 111
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous results. You've come such a long way already and I know you will make it to the end. Life is looking good. Love you lots hun. xx
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That is amazing Zara! Congratulations on your progress!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great Work! Kuddos to you!
  • slaurent
    slaurent Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats..keep up the good work!:happy: :smile:
  • claireplum
    claireplum Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Zara,

Thank you very much for sharing your story and pictures. You have done an incredible job and I love your enthusiasm for it all! Best of luck with the rest of the loss xx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Thanks very much! Love you too Sharon! X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!