Advice on losing those last 5 poinds!!

Options
I'm pretty much at my goal weight but I would REALLy like to lose 5 more pounds. I've hit my plateau a while ago and nothing is budging. I know...I probably am at where I need to be, but there are "areas" that I can def. lose more weight in.

Any suggestions for those who have conquered those last pesky pounds??
I've changed eating habits, changed my exercise routine...not sure what else to do.

Any help/opinions would be appreciated!!

Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I hate when I spell something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue::tongue: :tongue:
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my last 5 lbs right now but when I had lost in the past I found that upping my water intake helped me a lot when I would hit a plateau. Hope this helps and congrats on getting to your goal weight!!:flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Are you doing enough strength training?

I'm going to try to make my workouts for this semester revolve around strength training (weights w/ cardio) and yoga.

And don't be afraid of bulking up. You'll be fine with 10 pound weights.
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

I'm going to try to make my workouts for this semester revolve around strength training (weights w/ cardio) and yoga.

Yup!! That's exactly what I started to do and now im RUNNING on the treadmill. I just may die before I lose my 5 lbs..LOL
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Yup!! That's exactly what I started to do and now im RUNNING on the treadmill. I just may die before I lose my 5 lbs..LOL

Props on running. I haven't the willpower yet :wink:
  • proctor0828
    Options
    I'm pretty much at my goal weight but I would REALLy like to lose 5 more pounds. I've hit my plateau a while ago and nothing is budging. I know...I probably am at where I need to be, but there are "areas" that I can def. lose more weight in.

Any suggestions for those who have conquered those last pesky pounds??
    I've changed eating habits, changed my exercise routine...not sure what else to do.

Any help/opinions would be appreciated!!

Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Basically the math is still the same, in order to loose 1 lb you must burn 3500 calories... but as we loose weight our BMR changes... check your BMR to make sure your not taking in to many calories.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Do you really need to lose 5lbs or do you need to tone? I ask because I use to be 115lbs with a not very nice belly. I then gained about 10. Now I'm at 120. But I'm smaller than at 115. I'm wearing smaller jeans, my stomach is way smaller. I'm more toned thanks to running and strength training. Don't get to hung up on a scale number. Work towards toning now. Running is great! I've never even ran more than 3 miles. You don't have to run marathons. I really think this is what has helped my stomach. I use to do crunches thinking it would help. Now I'm a believer that cardio is the key.

I think you are on your way with starting to run. Keep it up. It won't happen overnight but try on a pair of jeans that are tight and watch as they slowly get bigger! It's great!