Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stuck ... now Unstuck.. anyone else

Boston01810
Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I was stuck at 154.5 - 155 lbs fof 3 weeks. Then finally this past week I changed up my diet, increased my weights, added a Zumba class last weekend and this weekend I went down to 152.5 this am.... YEAH!

How have others gotten over these plateaus?

Replies

• BioGrimm
    BioGrimm Posts: 15
    Congrats!! What did you do differently with your diet? I heard Zumba is alot of fun! Are you going to do it once a week?
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Great!
    I've been stuck as far as pounds, but losing inches.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    I was stuck at 154.5 - 155 lbs fof 3 weeks. Then finally this past week I changed up my diet, increased my weights, added a Zumba class last weekend and this weekend I went down to 152.5 this am.... YEAH!

How have others gotten over these plateaus?

I recommend every lady try Zumba... isn't it so much fun!!! Good job!!! I've experienced the same things, and I've decided that it has a lot to do with my sodium intake. Sometimes I feel like it has to be hormone related too. I feel like I plateau when I have one or two days that I go off my plan. I do exactly what you did. Increase cardo and change up the foods I'm eating - really try to be aware of my sodium intake too.
  • Boston01810
    I changed to having a protein drink first thing in the am, then oatmeal with blueberries as my morning snack. Added almonds as an after dinner snack.

The Zumba classes were on 2 Sundays as a free promo. They were great- I really worked up a sweat. The classes lasted a full 60 minutes. I am waiting for their fall (after labor day) class list. I purchased 20 classes- so I will continue as long as it works into my schedule. I wish they would keep the Sunday class. Lets hope.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Congratulations, good JOB!!

And YES, pouring it on really does push your body into progress mode!~

I've done two HIIT training sessions, two 25 minute cardio sessions, and two weight training sessions this week, and lost another lb. I did a double take when the scale told me 143!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    That's great!
    :flowerforyou:
    I've held steady all summer - which is a major accomplishment with all our traveling & vacationing & family partying. :wink:
    And then at the beginning of August, I lost my energy to exercise. This week I turned it back on, burning between 300-800 calories 6 days walking or on the exercise bike at home.
    :drinker: One pound down! :bigsmile:
  • Boston01810
    Congrats to Georg - another 23 lb weight losers- what an accomplishment!
This discussion has been closed.