Stuck ... now Unstuck.. anyone else

Options
Boston01810
Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
I was stuck at 154.5 - 155 lbs fof 3 weeks. Then finally this past week I changed up my diet, increased my weights, added a Zumba class last weekend and this weekend I went down to 152.5 this am.... YEAH!

How have others gotten over these plateaus?

Replies

• BioGrimm
    BioGrimm Posts: 15
    Options
    Congrats!! What did you do differently with your diet? I heard Zumba is alot of fun! Are you going to do it once a week?
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Great!
    I've been stuck as far as pounds, but losing inches.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 154.5 - 155 lbs fof 3 weeks. Then finally this past week I changed up my diet, increased my weights, added a Zumba class last weekend and this weekend I went down to 152.5 this am.... YEAH!

How have others gotten over these plateaus?

I recommend every lady try Zumba... isn't it so much fun!!! Good job!!! I've experienced the same things, and I've decided that it has a lot to do with my sodium intake. Sometimes I feel like it has to be hormone related too. I feel like I plateau when I have one or two days that I go off my plan. I do exactly what you did. Increase cardo and change up the foods I'm eating - really try to be aware of my sodium intake too.
  • Boston01810
    Options
    I changed to having a protein drink first thing in the am, then oatmeal with blueberries as my morning snack. Added almonds as an after dinner snack.

The Zumba classes were on 2 Sundays as a free promo. They were great- I really worked up a sweat. The classes lasted a full 60 minutes. I am waiting for their fall (after labor day) class list. I purchased 20 classes- so I will continue as long as it works into my schedule. I wish they would keep the Sunday class. Lets hope.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, good JOB!!

And YES, pouring it on really does push your body into progress mode!~

I've done two HIIT training sessions, two 25 minute cardio sessions, and two weight training sessions this week, and lost another lb. I did a double take when the scale told me 143!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's great!
    :flowerforyou:
    I've held steady all summer - which is a major accomplishment with all our traveling & vacationing & family partying. :wink:
    And then at the beginning of August, I lost my energy to exercise. This week I turned it back on, burning between 300-800 calories 6 days walking or on the exercise bike at home.
    :drinker: One pound down! :bigsmile:
  • Boston01810
    Options
    Congrats to Georg - another 23 lb weight losers- what an accomplishment!