30DS peeps...what size weights should I use?

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
I didn't use any the last time... I'm assuming 10 is too much??? 5?

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    im using 3.3 lbs (1.5kg) and they seem fine, not too heavy, not too light
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I used 3lb weights
  • amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use 5 lbs, its a little tough but it's what i had in the house
  • RBoop57
    RBoop57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with 3lbs. I have 5 lbs, but I'm thinking in level 3, maybe.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I use 7lbs, and I struggle ( I also double time the strength stuff) ... I usually have lifted like a Body buliding before and try and use the 30DS as more cardio then lifting.
  • cscheiern
    cscheiern Posts: 45
    Options
    The 1st time I did it , I did it without any weights and my arms were still sore!! I use 3lbs now but I have been thinking about moving up to 5 for some of the moves. I would think 10 would be heavy to start, unless youre already strong!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started out with 3's because that was all I had and then very quickly went up to 5's. If I do it again I will go up to 8's. Start out lighter and work your way up! :)
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I asked a few of my 30ds friends and they all said 10 would be to heavy. Ill be starting in 2 weeks and I figure 5 or 8 or I might buy both just in-case the 8 is more than I can handle.
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    The first time I started I didn't use any. The second time I did use 3 lbs. Much harder!! I wouldn't have been able to do any higher. Good luck!!
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use 3lbs because its all I had. Find I get enough of a burn with them too. I've got another friend I know who uses 3lbs too.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Whatever is comfortable...my sister used 2 cans of veggies! She eventually moved to 3 lb weights.

Myself, I mainly used 5 lb and 7.5 lb weights. I could barely do any of the advanced moves with 10 lb weights!

Between 3-5 lb is the sweet spot try it and see. Of course you want it to be a challenge but don't hurt yourself...
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I stared with 2.2lbs, which I still use for some of the moves, but for some I use a 4.4 and others a 6,6 depending on what move it is, in some I'm strong and some not so, have a few on hand if you can so you can alternate with what feels like is pushing you, but not making it too horrible and hard to do.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started with 5lb but it's really tough and I have a tough time finishing all of the reps. I would say start with 3lbs and then if you need to work your way up to 5lbs. =)
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I used 5 lb...I am thinking of going up to 8 this time around, but not sure yet...we shall see after the first couple of days of take 2. LOL
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    3lbs for me, It was hard enough, but if you are used to lifting, 5 lbs might be better
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Keep a couple of sets around. Start with what you think you can do, and if you can't, you can always drop down. I also find that for some stuff, I can use heavier weights than others, so I end up with 3 sets of weights.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I started out with 2lb (would have chosen 3 if they had been available to me at the time)
    I'm just moving up to 5lb (some of the exercises)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5lbs & I get a pretty good burn..I wouldn't suggest 10lbs less you have strong arm muscles already!
  • misslariss84
    misslariss84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started with 2lbs. After the first few days I moved up to 3lbs. I'd recommend starting low and seeing what you're comfortable with after you get used to the moves!
  • Foxefabuluz
    Foxefabuluz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb and 5lb weights. (I use the 3 pounders for the side lunges, they kick my butt).