Looking for 40-somethings to drop body fat

Options
Hello! I'm new here. I would love to have some friends around my age. My goal is to drop some body fat and a pant size or two! Please feel free to add me as a friend. Thanks (: (:

Replies

• TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm sure friends at MFP can help. Add me if you are looking for a mutual supporting friendship.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, I support all my friends, feel free to add me.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and working on being fit and healthy for life. add me if you'd like
  • ToniKYates
    ToniKYates Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very interested in the 40 something part as I have really struggled to loose those lbs since reaching a certain age. Wondering if its possible (only in week 2 of MFP) and should I be optomistic. Added issue is that I currently can't exercise due to a sport induced back injury :(.... falling apart.
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding and the friend requests!!

Much appreciated!!

:)
  • mommeex6
    mommeex6 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm 43 (oh my gosh I'll be 44 on Sunday!!) yikes. I have 6 kids and the extra weight to prove it. I need some motivation to eat healthy and stay on track. Looking to get fit and lose 30# ADD me if you'd like. Best wishes to you!
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in 43 and working on reducing body fat% also. Feel free to friend me.
  • getfitin11
    Options
    Add me. I'm 43 and have 3 kids. Lost 20 so far with 26 more to go. Time goes by no matter what so I might as well eat healthy each day and exercise and I will reach my goal. We can do this!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well everyone. I am 44 years old and have dropped 50 pounds all ready with another 15ish to go. Would love the extra support to get rid of the last few pounds. These are the hardest pounds for me to lose. Been trying to lose these for 6 months now.

BTW - my name is Claudette
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! I'm 44 and have FINALLY begun to lose some of the middle age weight I've packed on over the last 4-6 years. If not for MFP, I'm not sure I could have gotten this far. I'm still not sure of my ultimate goal weight as I'm not sure what a "woman my age" should weigh, but I know I want to lose these inches and layers of flab! Sending request now! :flowerforyou:
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I originally started my weight loss journey in 2007 at 220 pounds, obese. I lost 75 pounds in 14 months over at PEERtrainer. However, I've been bouncing around 10 pounds for the past 3 years. I joined MFP last week, and my nutrient numbers are very sobering. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and to continue on this weight loss journey together.
  • nitnit333
    Options
    Hi there! I am also looking for some support. I just got back on here. Since I turned 40 I have been gaining weight. It's hard for me because I never really had to watch what I ate so I'm no good at it. I never had a belly and it has gotten huge! It is even bigger right now because I have increased my fiber and I guess it is full of gas and uncomfortable. I'm not even interested in looking nice because I feel disgusting. I am just failing miserably at this and need some friends to help me turn this around. Oh, I tried to add some of you but I don't know how!! (another fail)
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    45 and have succesfully lost 35 pounds with MFP. Entering the maintenance zone but still have a lot of toning to do. Please feel free to add me.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I am 44 and have gained 40 lbs+ since turning 40 (I also hadn't been able to exercise for about 2 years due to an injury). I started working out and eating better in January, but it is VERY apparent that it's not as easy to lose in the 40's as it was in the 30's. I would also love more MFP friends who are in the same boat. We CAN be fabulously foxy and fit in the forties! hee hee Feel free to add me
  • paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    request sent!

I think anytime you have a support system of any type it helps to motivat you reach a goal.
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 in May and need to lose about 70 pounds. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. I'm working on getting into great shape and loving how good I feel! It's as though I'm getting myself back after years of taking care of everyone else. Feel free to add me. I can always use more suuport. :smile:
  • 1sweetpea70
    1sweetpea70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 in July. Since joining MFP, i've lost 23 lbs and 19 total body inches. It's DEFINITELY harder to lose weight at this age!! Feel free to add me:)