Do you log your *ahem* activities?

Options

Replies

• waldospt
    waldospt Posts: 3
    Options
    Last summer my wife used her body bug during sex. We "tried" to make it last longer than normal (used a condom). It didn't really spike her HR levels. I forget the exact amount of calories it said she burned but under 60. So it wasn't worth recording. I wouldn't recommend counting on those calories burned to help with weight loss. But each to their own.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it, honestly...but it is true that when you do eat right, exercise more...your body will release the feel good endorphin that (at least in my case) makes you feel mentally good and more confident. I can be in the worst, most frustrated mood ever...angry at my fiance or frustrated with my best friend...I hop on the treadmill and elliptical, sweat it out and I feel so much better.

I then feel this surge of confidence and then I go back to my apartment and try to seduce my fiance...which has been working. : )

My best friend has also told me that I look physically better, sexier and that I have more sunshine in my personality. I am still somewhat of a voluptuous curvy girl, but I'm getting less chubby and more Joan Holloway sex-pot. And there have been no complaints what so ever. : )

So: Sex is a nifty bonus to the real exercise you're logging in. Don't use it as a substitute for real exercise, but instead keep it in the back of your mind as a secret little pocket of caloric burn!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Uh no. I log only real exercise. I view logging sex as a means to cheat on your calorie allowance and exercise. Get out and do real exercise, even if it's 10 mins of walking, you'll be in a better mindset and path to being truly committed to weight loss and fitness.

agree :drinker:
  • noellebeckrow02
    Options
    If it is only 17 seconds there is something seriously wrong!
  • noellebeckrow02
    Options
    agreed!! :drinker:
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    you don't really burn too many in 17 seconds!!!!

Haaaa!!! Too funny!!!
  • noellebeckrow02
    Options
    when logging solo *ahem* activities, I put it down as low impact aerobics. But if I go for round two it is logged at high impact aerobics. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously tho, no. no one want to see: TK 266 had burned 24 calories for 5 minutes of *ahem*, moderate effort. :laugh: :laugh:

hahahahahahahah!!! That is so true!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Can we grow up already? People have sex. Big whoop. Sex really doesn't burn that many calories. Even vigorous sex.
    Either you're doing it wrong, or Speedy Gonzalez, :blushing:
    speedy.jpg
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    If it is only 17 seconds there is something seriously wrong!

So this brings it back to an exercise debate....could this not be classed as HIIT?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Rawr.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    No. I mean I don't have sex with my husband to burn calories. I have sex with my husband because of his monster dong. And because I like him a little. Usually.
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    Well for me, it's kinda rare to have that "Activity" since my bf lives in another city, but I never logged it because I thought that it was really not counted as an exercise. Would wrestling count? xDD
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't know why this question seems to be asked a lot? Are people that desperate for extra calories? :grumble:
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    No, I just think of that as a bonus calorie burn!

exactly ;) I don't have to make up my mind or force myself to do that. heh.
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that sex does not give much of a cardio workout ... since a cardio workout technically requires raising and maintaining your heartbeat/pulse for at least 20 minutes.
    I guess it would depend on the type, and the energy level, and length of the activity?

While I don't log my calories burned from sex, this saddens me. Someone needs to show you a better time ;)
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Uh no. I log only real exercise. I view logging sex as a means to cheat on your calorie allowance and exercise. Get out and do real exercise, even if it's 10 mins of walking, you'll be in a better mindset and path to being truly committed to weight loss and fitness.

I agree with this:)
  • BenDyer
    BenDyer Posts: 13
    Options
    I would say it all depends on the kind of sex ur having. If your the "lay back and think of sunny fields" type, then no, don't log it. If your the "Hi Ho silver away!" type, and ur sessions last for 40 mins or more then i would totally count it. And for the second type, i would totally count it as cardio workout, i know my heart goes nuts during those 40 mins of "Hi Ho silver" fun :D
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Keep your heart rate monitor on throughout to help get an accurate reading of how many calories you're burning.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No. I mean I don't have sex with my husband to burn calories. I have sex with my husband because of his monster dong. And because I like him a little. Usually.

Your husband and my boyfriend must be related.

That would make family reunions quite...exciting. :wink: