I hope u can inspire me

Options
pilot85
pilot85 Posts: 14 Member
Hi everybody. I´m a 22 years old girl from Iceland who realy realy whants to loose some weight! I´ve been trying for years but I always give up in the end! I´ve been cheking out this page and hope I will find the inspiration to continue on my ,,healthier me" plan :smile:
I hope u can encourage me and help me on that plan

*hope you can understand my english :smile: *

Replies

• pilot85
    pilot85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I´m a 22 years old girl from Iceland who realy realy whants to loose some weight! I´ve been trying for years but I always give up in the end! I´ve been cheking out this page and hope I will find the inspiration to continue on my ,,healthier me" plan :smile:
    I hope u can encourage me and help me on that plan

*hope you can understand my english :smile: *
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Iceland sounds beautiful. Your english was very good. We are glad you have joined us. Be truthful to yourself and you will be able to do this.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • snakeskin
    snakeskin Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome! Your english is totally fine. I am new too. Good luck!
  • jrmckee
    jrmckee Posts: 15
    Options
    Your English was great, I started a couple of months ago with the same problem, years of trying to lose weight with no success. This site is wonderful as long as you are honest with yourself and about what you eat and maintain your calorie intake you will lose, I have almost lost 10 pounds, I am so excited!!!
  • Pitackie
    Pitackie Posts: 1
    Options
    I was just introduced to this site and I'm very impressed with what I can see so far. I am living proof that it is possible to lose weight. I started about 8 months ago when I weighed myself for the first time in years (denial is bliss, as we all know) to discover, to my horror that I weighed 318lbs.

I decided that it was time to do something about it so I bought myself a treadmill, changed my diet a little (not drastic because I knew I would never stick to a major change) and started to drink water instead of pop.

I started at 2mph on the treadmill, for 10-15 minutes at a time, which was sheer hell, every step of the way, and gradually upped the speed and time as I felt more comfortable.

I now do 1 hour at 4mph, 3-4 times per week and weigh in at 239lbs. I feel sooooo much better about myself now. I finally believe that my goal of 198lbs (Just want to make it under that 200lbs mark!!) is very achievable.

So my advice to anyone starting this process is to take it one day at a time, don't be a slave to your scale (I personally didn't weigh myself for 4 months during the process), allow yourself to 'cheat' a little from time to time (if your miserable you'll never stick with it), set obtainable goals, and be realistic. You didn't gain weight overnight and it certainly isn't going to come off overnight.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    They say being cold is a great way to burn extra calories, I bet being from Ice land you will be down to your weight in no time at all.