Geek girls - One to rule them all

Options

Replies

• CaseyGaffney
    Options
    As a self-proclaimed King of the Dorks, I approve.

https://www.facebook.com/thedungeonmaster
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How about adding putting down trashy magazines and reading all the Game of Throne books instead.. ;)

Reading them now! FTW! But I don't really consider myself a geek. Although the other day when I was rocking my Wonder Woman Chucks and shirt, a guy said, "You must be a Comic Con girl." I was all, "Yeah, so what?" :laugh:
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm anti-geek or anything, but when did being a geek become cool?

My brother and I were discussing this yesterday, and it made me think. Is it like after high school it's cool?

We've discussed this ad nauseum here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/540620-i-agree-with-this

Ha, just the point I was trying to make.
    Yes >>> Dear Fake Geek Girls: Please go away.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Totally love this!! I am one geeky girl who is thankful for her Geek Hubby.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Ah yes...if only men would appreciate the sexiness of a Geek Goddess.

MEN do..boys don't :glasses:
  • abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd be more impressed if 'Mark Hamill' was spelled correctly.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How about adding putting down trashy magazines and reading all the Game of Throne books instead.. ;)

Reading them now! FTW! But I don't really consider myself a geek. Although the other day when I was rocking my Wonder Woman Chucks and shirt, a guy said, "You must be a Comic Con girl." I was all, "Yeah, so what?" :laugh:

Or, if you want to read a magazine, you could read Heavy Metal instead.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Women who have to advertise themselves as "geeky" are usually just hipsters in disguise.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When did being a geek become entirely about video games and being a fan-boy/girl?
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Game Of Thrones is amazing!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    It took my husband 39 years to find his geeky girl and he's never been happier! I have always been a geek and will die a geek. I'm playing Fallout 3 again (taking a break from Skyrim) and just got Star Wars for Kinnect :bigsmile:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Where are the men that want a geeky girl?

Hello! I'm right here! *jumps and waves*

Wanna compare RAM? *purr*
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have to say she gets extra points for stealing the Old Spice commercial... lol... Geek chicks ROCK! I can haz plz?!
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    It's Xbox controllers (good luck playing GoW with the Xbox remote).
    Left 4 Dead. 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

PREMIERE.

If you're going to claim the geek pedigree, at least spell Hamill correctly! It's freakin' MARK HAMILL ffs.

Smh. Disgrace!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Where are all these guys that are into geek/nerd girls cause I must have missed them somewhere lol. Seriously though how could she spell his name wrong lol. Other than that the article rocked.
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

The series of novels is actually called "A Song of Ice and Fire". The first book, "A Game of Thrones", is what the TV show is based off of (it's OK, but the books are way more detailed). I'm on the third book (A Storm of Swords) and my hubby just recently bought me the most recent book (#5), "A Dance With Dragons". Can't wait to finish 3 & 4 and start 5 since 6 (The Winds of Winter) and 7 (A Dream of Spring) are on their way. True fans will understand how big this is since the last book to come out before #5 was in 2005!! Did I mention these books average between 800-1,000 pages each and come with their own maps and glossary so you can follow along?!?!

Sorry, geeking out a little!!! :tongue:
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    Women who have to advertise themselves as "geeky" are usually just hipsters in disguise.

This!
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am the geek girl and my bf is one lucky sonufagun!!
  • LadyFaile
    LadyFaile Posts: 60
    Options
    Just so you know, if you have a whole group of geeks hanging out together it's a "Gaggle of Geeks". Term coined by one of my coworkers several years back.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to always sing, "Dontcha wish your girlfriend was a geek like me..."

love it!