will chocolate milk after workouts make me bulky?

Options
Does anyone else drink chocolate milk after their workouts? I'm looking to lose weight, and not really bulk up, but I usually workout in the morning and as my breakfast I have a scoop of the Kroger brand Slim Rite Ultimate chocolate milk mixed with 8 oz of fat free milk. Is this okay?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    No. Chocolate milk will not make you bulky (unless it's laced with steroids, that is).
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Nothing short of lifting very heavy weights, a sizable calorie surplus, a LOT of protein, and/or steroids will make you bulk up.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    <---I lift heavy weights (for me), eat around 2000 cals/day, and eat lots of protein. I don't consider myself bulky.

No. Just drinking some chocolate milk after your workout will not make you bulky. It is very difficult for women to build muscle mass. You usually have to be eating at a calorie surplus.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    No. Chocolate milk will not make you bulky (unless it's laced with steroids, that is).
    [/quote

^^^^^^^
    This
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. In fact, studies have shown that drinking chocolate milk after workouts is great to consume to efficiently repair muscles, which then leads to stronger muscles that in turn burn more fat and boost your metabolism.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Girls don't bulk. We don't have the testosterone to do it. Unless your mix has extra testosterone or steroids, you'll be fine...:flowerforyou:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    In endurance sports circles chocolate milk is a favourite recovery drink.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...chocolate milk.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nothing, besides steroids, will cause you to bulk up. Chocolate milk is great after a workout. It gives your muscles protein and sugar so they can recover faster. That results in less soreness and less water retention. Protein shakes are also good.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    woo! this gives me another excuse to drink more chocolate milk! i love drinking it after work outs because it tastes delicious. it's ice cold. i feel like i'm cheating on my diet with chocolate milk. :P
  • mariobadr
    mariobadr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    In endurance sports circles chocolate milk is a favourite recovery drink.

It also works very well for lifters who don't like protein shakes :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    wait.....so I've been wasting money and risking jail time when chocolate milk has been there the whole time?
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    your not going to bulk up from lifting, i mean sure its possible, but you dont have near the same amount of testosterone that men have.

i dont see the point of chocolate milk though, sugar isnt really necessary, there is enough sugar in everything else out there, incase you eat fruits and things like that then that would be all the sugar u need.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Of course it will. Because of hormones and sugar and stuff.yaknow?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    if only it were that easy
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    are you eating at a surplus?
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Of course it will. Because of hormones and sugar and stuff.yaknow?

lifting weights and chocolate milk are the only thing lou ferigno did

fact
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    if only it were that easy
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I drink it after every cardio workout. I do it within 15 minutes of my workout and it helps refuel your carbs/protein.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I needed a good laugh!!!! hehehe