Ladies!!! why is it

Options
Why is it since I started losing weight it seems to all be vanishing from my chest! Dont get me wrong I always complained about my DD's... However! I'm now down to a D and feel like they keep going.... If I go past a C I'm in trouble! And How can I work my stomach? I need to tone it.. I've been doing crunches but I dont want all this extra skin hanging.... Heeeeeellp

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    The bad news is that fat will come off where it decides (it has a mind of its own, you know :wink: ) and there's NOTHING you can do to change this. The good news is, if you keep working on your diet and exercise, eventually the fat will come off the other places too. There is no specific exercise you can do to "tone" you stomach. A calorie deficit and strength training (heavy lifting--especially squats and deadlifts :heart: ) program will give you optimal results.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    The above poster's right. We can't choose where it drops off, i feel your pain though - i don't want mine getting any smaller!

Try doing push ups as well as crunches. BodyRock routines are amazing for core workouts too :)
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that issue. I gain in my chest and hips and thighs, but when I lose I rarely lose in my chest. Usually my butt is the first to go.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    The key is to lose the weight slowly so your skin has time to bounce back or there is the surgical option (but that defidently isn't the best one!)

I am part of the YMCA so I get access to their weight room so I can use all the things there. But if that isn't an option for you 'planks' are killer for your core. Also, you may want to try Zumba. I have been doing that and it really works your core!!!!

Hope I helped,
    Artgeek22 :flowerforyou:

(P.S as for the chest thing, I am having the opposite problem. As I am losing weight on my back they are getting fuller!)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Because tits are a fat dense area so most people have some to lose there unless they've done some body building type chest building.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My fat seems to like it there. its my butt that shrinks :(
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I want it to come off my man boobs! some girls have all the luck :grumble:
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying! I knowyou are sorry to see them go, but I have lost 35 lbs and mine won't budge.....and I look really weird now!
    Also, I have noticed this as well with myself. Since you are shrinking as a whole, things are getting smaller but because EVERYTHING is getting smaller it's not as noticeable that your stomach is smaller, or your thighs. But please, take PICTURES!!! You will be amazed at the difference, I promise you.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else is saying it comes off where it wants to! Breasts are primarily fatty tissue so they are typically the first lost on women, the stomach is typically deepera fat tissue on on "most" women the last place you lose. You can focus on eating foods that reduce bloating which can help your stomach appear smaller, otherwise just keep working things out! Integrating weight lifting will help with toning and overall reduction of fat and inches, just remember you won't see it all right away!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its true.... you cant do anything about it. BUT keep focusing on core and ab workouts, eventually it will come off. I've noticed the upper part of the mid section seems to come off first (lame, i know) Another thing that makes a huge difference is food. Eat clean. Cut processed foods almost completely if you can and focus more on fruits and veggies that pretty much wash out. Aslo, I wear a workout belt around my stomach- it is NOT going to reduce your stomach like magic, but it will keep you core tight while you work out. Works for me.

Also if you're concerned about your breasts shrinking dont do chest workouts like presses and stuff. I personally dont mind because I'd rather have smaller less jiggly than the opposite :P
  • _firebolt
    Options
    I've got the same problem, except that mine are already tiny to begin with, they might start going negative soon if they could.

Crunches, sit ups, bicycle crunches, planks, and other such things besides just general weight loss (keep hearing that losing it generally works instead of trying to just get one area) should help with tummy/core strength.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    The bad news is that fat will come off where it decides (it has a mind of its own, you know :wink: ) and there's NOTHING you can do to change this. The good news is, if you keep working on your diet and exercise, eventually the fat will come off the other places too. There is no specific exercise you can do to "tone" you stomach. A calorie deficit and strength training (heavy lifting--especially squats and deadlifts :heart: ) program will give you optimal results.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think I got lucky--I was previously a very full D even at my highest weight, 185 pounds, and now I'm still borderline C/D at 150 pounds. Who knows what will happen as I continue to lose weight, though...my only concern is my proportions. If they're Cs and still give me curves because my tummy's smaller, I'm happy. (:
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    As a few people have mentioned, it will come off where it wants to (mine is my face). Where it wants to is determined by your natural body type.

When I was a size 6-8 (I'm 5'7") I had an average bust 36B. When I gained 50 pounds they went up to 38DD (no baby involved). I suppose they will go down again when I lose the weight.

Don't worry about the gut. When the weight comes off the gut will shrink. If you work on your core and lower abs (there are specific exercises I like CHEK) then they will pull your gut in.

I also noticed that when the fat comes of in one place suddenly it will rebalance over time-like in my face.
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    well I have no butt so it makes sense that I cant lose that LOL Chest press sounds good... Thanks everyone for the advice- off to the gym soon. :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I've lost a whole cup size. I went from 38C to 38B, I'm hoping they stay the size they are now.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It's genetics too. I lost 50 pounds at one time and didn't lose a pound in my chest. All the women in my family are large breasted. My sister who runs marathons and swims constantly weighs 152 pounds and is 6ft has a D cup. I swear it's the only fat on her entire body.
  • Missi3601
    Options
    I've went from a DD to a D- Which isnt bad, but if I am less than a C we are gonna have to think of something! LOL:tongue:
  • Missi3601
    Options
    i was hoping once my stomach started to slim down people could actually see the difference between my chest and my stomach- now its all leaving LOL
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I lose it in my butt and my face first, I would love to lose it in my boobs.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a D since I started losing... and I am HAPPY about it. I hate having issues trying to find clothes to fit my boobs! Maybe if I am lucky I can drop to a C cup.