Summer Brides and Bridesmaids How much can drop

Options
I'm a bridesmaid for my cousins wedding on July 21th so I need to lose the weight before june 20th. So come on ladies join me and we'll get the motivation going. We'll do weekly weight ins and share daily victories. If you have a pic of the dress it could be cool to share. I'll look for mine.

SW: 205.5 lb
GW: 175

Replies

• sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'll join! My wedding is Aug 25. I have my dress on order, I ordered it a size down and I'm already smaller than that, so I'm hanging tough. I'm on day 31 of a 100 day personal challenge (I just told myself to work out somehow every day, eat healthy etc--in essence do BETTER for 100 days straight) and I'm really happy with my progress. I just hope that they can take in my gown as much as they claim to be able to when it comes in this July or I'm going to be in trouble! LOL better that than the other way around.

This is my gown:
    image.jpg

Obviously that's the model!

Funny thing--when I ordered smaller than I measured, my daughter was with me (she's 23) and the saleswoman pulled her aside and said, "are you SURE your mom will be able to drop a size by the wedding?"...my daughter just laughed and said, "oh man you don't know my mom--don't worry about it!"

SW: 220.5
    CW: 198.5
    GW: 158-168ish...need to see how I feel.

~Sue
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'll join! My wedding is Aug 25. I already have my dress on order, I ordered it a size down and I'm already smaller than that, so I'm hanging tough. I'm on day 31 of a 100 day personal challenge (I just told myself to work out somehow every day, eat healthy etc--in essence do BETTER for 100 days straight) and I'm really happy with my progress. I just hope that they can take in my gown as much as they claim to be able to when it comes in this July or I'm going to be in trouble! LOL better that than the other way around.

This is my gown:
    image.jpg

Obviously that's the model!

Funny thing--when I ordered smaller than I measured, my daughter was with me (she's 23) and the saleswoman pulled her aside and said, "are you SURE your mom will be able to drop a size by the wedding?"...my daughter just laughed and said, "oh man you don't know my mom--don't worry about it!"

SW: 220.5
    CW: 198.5
    GW: 158-168ish...need to see how I feel.

Your dress is stunning! I'm glad that you'll be joining me.
  • sehrler
    Options
    Aww thanks! Everything I didn't plan on getting--strapless, sparkly, princessy...tried it on on a whim and loved it. Figures!

Looking forward to seeing your bridesmaid dress!
  • mammakisses
    Options
    Here's mine on a much slimmer model. Haha

http://www.bestbridalprices.com/jasmine-b2-bridesmaid-dresses-style-b4098-p-86609.html

Sorry and can't remember how to post it on here.:noway:
  • mammakisses
    Options
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    just a suggestion... I as in a wedding this fall and when my dress came in couple weeks before and couldn't zip it up and they said they couldn't take it out (my guess is the sample in the store was stretched out a bit, as I had not gained any weight).

I did bikram yoga everyday for a month and not only got into the dress, but it was comfortable. I had only lost about 2lbs doing it, but the amount of tightening it did for a dress fitting was AMAZING.

Soo.... maybe not hot yoga, but I highly recommend doing some daily yoga for this particular goal. Good luck ladies and happy weddings!
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm in my brother's wedding party come June 23rd (they moved it up on me! it was supposed to be July 20!!!) and I have already gotten my bridesmaid's dress from David's Bridal. I was so disappointed when I went to try it on for the second time in store after losing 20 lbs--I was STILL an 18!

So my maniacal goal is to tailor the *crap* outta that dress. I'm hoping for another 15 pounds lost by the wedding photos. I want to look my best because these photos will be pulled out and put on display for years to come.

Let's DO THIS!
  • sehrler
    Options
    B4098.jpg
    B4098a.jpg

Nope that didn't work either.

fixed for you! you put [ img ] before, [ /img ] after (must be lowercase and without those spaces, I had to put spaces in to get it to show ) and you need the image address not the link. Pretty!
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a Sept. 2 bride! My dress:
    Piper.jpg
    The Piper dress from Modern Trousseau! So excited!

Starting: 125
    Goal: 110
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh Im soo in! My sisters wedding is august 11th and Im looking to drop at least 35 lbs. Im currently in a size 16 so of course I ordered a 14. Hopefully it will have to be taken in( how sweet would that be). Ive already been on a mission for myself as far as weight loss, my sister getting married just gives me an extra push. LETS DO THIS!!!!!!

computer challenged i am so i will have to figure out how to add a picture of the dress.

we can do it!!!!!
  • wd773
    Options
    http://barijay.com/styles/122/_default.jpg

its soo ms roper from three's company! I love it , its so me!!!

color will be a light sage
  • daisymae9801
    Options
    _default.jpg

its soo ms roper from three's company! I love it , its so me!!!

color will be a light sage

Beautiful!
  • wd773
    Options
    hey thanks i was just about to try to fix it!!!!
  • daisymae9801
    Options
    hey thanks i was just about to try to fix it!!!!

No problem! :)
  • wd773
    Options
    by the way your dress is soooo beautiful, classic, soft, sorta vintage and sexy!!!! your gonna rock that girl!!!!!!
  • Melindaleigh12
    Options
    I'm not a bridsemaid til November but I want to join! The wedding is also in Mexico so not only do I have to look good in my dress but also a bathing suit!
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am in my sister's wedding as the maid of honor on August 18. I ordered my dress, size 18, and its already too big! I'm gonna try to give my sister a run for her money on lookin good on her wedding day!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chiffon-Dress-with-Floral-Detail-and-One-Shoulder-F14010_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
  • daisymae9801
    Options
    I am in my sister's wedding as the maid of honor on August 18. I ordered my dress, size 18, and its already too big! I'm gonna try to give my sister a run for her money on lookin good on her wedding day!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chiffon-Dress-with-Floral-Detail-and-One-Shoulder-F14010_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

I'll do yours too!

86835099035462311_tVuLIY8J_c.jpg
  • daisymae9801
    Options
    by the way your dress is soooo beautiful, classic, soft, sorta vintage and sexy!!!! your gonna rock that girl!!!!!!

Thank you!!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Beautiful dress.