How do you get rid of muffins?

Options
How do you get rid of muffins? I mean the ones on top of your hips not the cake sort!!! I seem to lose weight from my bum and my hips stick out?

Anyone got any good exercises?

Replies

• rooby2sday
    rooby2sday Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I seem to have the same problem, too. Trying to get rid of the squishy hips and baby belly are a pain. I would like to see if anyone has any advice.
  • topbombin
    topbombin Posts: 33
    Options
    Are we twins!!!!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

Anyone got any good exercises?

Yup, exercise will do it!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    overall fat loss :)

keep running and lifting -- it will drop eventually
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Eat well, exercise (move *and* lift heavy things), drink water, be patient.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Metamucil helps me, dear.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh....I can't even respond to this. Must. Exit. Thread.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    oblique crunches (bicycles, elbow to opposite knee)... or standing ab work (standing plie, feet at about 45 degree angle and knees as close to 90 degrees as you can get, hands behind head, and then elbow to knee)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Muffins frustrate me. I have no rear end or hips to hold up my pants, I wear a belt and tighten it enough to keep the pants on and that leads to a little muffin on top. Not sure it will be something I can solve unless I just go straight to dresses and skirts.

When I weighed more I wore spanx to keep it in check. Putting one of those on is a workout by itself!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Fat loss and toning exercises over time will reduce the muffin. I lost my muffin in less than 30 days with mostly strength training and toning and a little cardio. My back flab and bat wings are the focus now.:laugh:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Careful, when you eat them, they tend to stick around.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    you can't loose in just one spot... it comes off all over... I KNOW I CAN't STAND my muffin top! but not much choice I AM what I am... and it will go as long as I stick to working out, exercising, eating healthy... it may be the last thing to go but I have faith it will eventually tone down a bit lol
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Cardio cardio cardio and oh cardio. :happy:
  • PradaChick
    Options
    Cardio to burn the fat. And Squats and Plies for strength training. It's the hardest area to get rid of fat. I'm struggling w/that too. Ugh so annoying. But patience is the key.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Careful, when you eat them, they tend to stick around.

Love that!

But ya you can't target weight loss but do lots of core exercises to build muscle. I can't give much advise since my muffin is why I'm here.:smile:
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oblique crunches against a stability ball are good.