after the loss is my skin going to sag???

Options
2»

Replies

• andrialindsay
    Options
    Like it was said before, it depends on age, amount to lost, genetics etc.

From personal experience- I've lost around 80 lbs and I have skin issues. Eventually I will get plastic surgery. I keep hoping I will see improvment with time. Unfortunately I am more insecure with my naked body than I was before :ohwell: Clothes I look great.. but naked...? Well I just have to find a man that appreciates my hard work and see's it as an accomplishment like I try to!
    Best wishes!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You don't need to having plastic surgery done..if you put in a little hard work you will be amazed at the results!

While I encourage hard work, the reality is you have no idea whether or not she will need plastic surgery. As others pointed out, her genetics and the amount of weight lost etc will determine how her skin looks. Additionally, it is up to her to decide what she needs/wants.

The old "you just have to work hard" is great advice for many things but in the case of saggy skin sometimes all the hard work in the world can't accomplish what a plastic surgeon can. On the other hand, she might be lucky like you and not need it.

Good luck 1981simm, and don't be afraid to look at many options to find what makes you happy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    It wont be if you are doing the right exercises. Focus on doing Strength training as well and it will help out.
    Exercise can help push out against the skin, but if the skin is in excess, all the exercise in the world won't help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... the c-section was three years ago and i'm 35 lbs down and it no longer folds over! It is tightening up:) I don't think I will have a super smoothe sexy bod but I can accept it without surgery for now lol... definitely ping the strength training