New and not sure if I'm doing this right.... can you help.

Options
Loaa
Loaa Posts: 12 Member
Hello all.

I have been tracking food since sunday so I am new here but absolutely loving this site, so far. My goal it to lose weight and a lot off it :).
There are a few things that I'm not sure off so if anyone could take the time and help me out it would be very much appreciated.

1. When I put in my for the day exercise my food goal for the day bumps up, am I to eat that much more that day or? Do i eat the exercise calories i burn?

2. The calories that MFP gives me up per day should I eat that amount if i want to lose weight or less? I have been short like 300 cal per day..... is that ok?

3. I have pcos and it has always been very difficult for me to lose weight, is there anyone out there dealing with the same?

4. When I look for food on here to track are they all correct nutritionally?

I have been looking and reading success stories on here and its such a motivation, good job to you all!!

Thanks,
Loaa

Replies

• emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hey, i dont eat my calories back that i burnt from the gym never havebut i know that some people say you should i think its up to you if your more hungry then you could eat some of them!!
    i always try to make sure that i eat my daily amount that mpf gives me which for me is 1200 i try not to go under too well no more than 100 calories.
    also i found that the food is nutritionally the same my phone has a scanner which is great.
    good luck and i hope this helped and i explained it ok :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    1. When I put in my for the day exercise my food goal for the day bumps up, am I to eat that much more that day or? Do i eat the exercise calories i burn?

There is debate here whether or not you should eat those earned calories, which people here call "exercise calories." Some people lose more weight eating them, some people lose more weight not eating them. If you are burning large amounts of calories (a few hundred) you should try and eat half of them back. It really is up to you; you'll have to play with them and see what works best for you and your body. It is also tricky since calorie burns are just estimates and not exact.

2. The calories that MFP gives me up per day should I eat that amount if i want to lose weight or less? I have been short like 300 cal per day..... is that ok?

Try and hit that calorie target- not above and not below. 300 is quite a bit to be short, try to get within 100 calories of that goal if you can. Eating too little can screw you up long term, just like eating too much can.

3. I have pcos and it has always been very difficult for me to lose weight, is there anyone out there dealing with the same?

I have no experience here but I have seen many threads on PCOS (use the search function). Also, if you go to the "groups" secion under the Community tab, there is probably a group for people with PCOS.

4. When I look for food on here to track are they all correct nutritionally?

Not necessarily since many things are input by users like you and me. If the item has an asterisk* next to it, it means it was user entered. No asterisk means the info came from MFP and can be considered accurate. I always click on the item and see how many people confirmed that the entry was accurate.
  • Loaa
    Loaa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you two so much for you're help :).

Mpf set my food goal a 1740 cal per day and i thought that was pretty high ....... but maybe i should trust it?
    When I work out it goes up to 2000-2200 cal. I did feel today that I did not have as much energy at the gym as before. Today I have 750 cal left to my food goal :noway:

Also I have been terribly cold for the last few days my hands and feet mostly, i don't know if this has anything to do with me changing my diet or what but its weird.

Thanx again for you're help :)