Cayenne Pepper Detox Drink

Options
I have heard that if you drink a tablespoon of cayenne pepper with very warm water and lemon juice, every day, that it helps your motabolism and helps you lose weight. Has anyone tried and tested?? Would love to know before I start x

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of the cayenne pepper part of it, but lemon juice in warm water is supposed to stimulate your liver.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Does it sound like a good idea to you?

Your body detoxes itself. The only thing that's going to help you lose weight and keep it off is maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit. There's no magic potion.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have tried the master cleanse diet. Maple syrup, lemon, and chyanne pepper. I drank both but that stuff for a week and lost 2lbs but once I stared eating again I gained it back I'd say myth
  • emerg1288
    Options
    i've only heard bad things about that... i would really do your research relying on such a tale. But I have heard that spicy food can up your metabolism a little.
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Options
    I have not tried it yet, but plan on trying it starting on 4-20-12. Any way, I came across this website that had a wealth of information on cayenne pepper health benefits http://www.cayennepepper.info/. What may work for one person may not work for another, all we can do is test it for ourselves.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Does it sound like a good idea to you?

Your body detoxes itself. The only thing that's going to help you lose weight and keep it off is maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit. There's no magic potion.

and we have a winner!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I've heard that exact same concoction recommended as a surefire home remedy for constipation, with lots of people posting here saying that it worked.

So, umm.... take your chances.
  • Ash1983ley
    Ash1983ley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    From my understanding cayenne pepper goes right through you working more as a natural laxative than anything, so if you have chronic constipation this may be useful. Clearing out your intestines will always show you to be a little lighter on the scales. Probably zero fat loss though. :)
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    From my understanding cayenne pepper goes right through you working more as a natural laxative than anything, so if you have chronic constipation this may be useful. Clearing out your intestines will always show you to be a little lighter on the scales. Probably zero fat loss though. :)

^^^^ This.
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    one time, in South America, I picked up a parasite, and lost about 5 pounds in a week.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    the tapeworm diet works wonders, I'm told.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    one time, in South America, I picked up a parasite, and lost about 5 pounds in a week.

How did you pick up the parasite? Did you give it a sultry look and say, "how you doin'?" That's how I would've done it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • anttrail
    anttrail Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I take this but I take it to relieve pain and inflammation ...it never has helped with my weight loss
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My bunghole would not appreciate this. Oh my, no.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Cayenne Pepper + Pineapple Juice = you will not leave the bathroom that day.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    interesting. i use cayenne pepper in just about everything (including a dash or 2 in my chocolate protein shakes) and i have no issues with things running right through me

but yeah i know several people who have tried this, suffered through it for a week lost 2-5 pounds and then gained the weight back after they got off.

why not just reduce your calories and eat like a normal person instead of crashing and regaining?
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

How did you pick up the parasite? Did you give it a sultry look and say, "how you doin'?" That's how I would've done it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahaha omg, mental image of someone trying to sweet talk a parasite....So great
  • coreykantola
    Options
    The other version of this is called hippie tea, its loose leaf green tea with cayenne papper and lemon, It 's good for hang overs. Um, it is good for you its not a detox or magic weight lose tool but grean tea is great for your body and the cayenne pepper and lemon help to strengthen your immune system. I drink it every day
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    the tapeworm diet works wonders, I'm told.

The crackhead diet also works well. You rarely see a fat crack *kitten*....

and I've heard that crystal meth is a great diet aid as well.
  • akangas22
    Options
    It's disgusting! It tastes like spicy lemonade, and the cayenne doesn't dissolve.