Jillian's Body Revolution

Options
2»

Replies

• bubsmom10
    bubsmom10 Posts: 43
    Options
    Don't waste your money on videos... join a gym! Nothing beats that! You need to be lifting weights not just doing silly moves in your living room. It's a place to start but it's not going to get you where you want to go!

very ignorant sorry but true!....I had a gym membership for YEARS went five days a week and my weight loss was so slow i lifted weights and did the treadmill and the elliptical i lost 5 lbs in 3 months (and i was there for an hour and a half and eating healthy) the most effective way to burn fat is intervals...I lost 33 lbs in 4 months by doing 30 day shred biggest loser cardio max and im now doing insanity ...you know why that works? because your weights are your body weight and also incorporating hand weights my body has been pushed in more ways than a damn treadmill can do for me. Im not saying you cant lose weight in a gym but it CAN possibly take more time for some people. Not to mention people with kids like me cant always afford a gym membership and a babysitter. you have to take advice like a grain of salt because what might work for some people doesn't always work for others but to say that you cant lose weight in your living room is a HUGE understatement look at my ticker I must be doing something right in my living room.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you say this? There are many people on here that love Jillian Michaels and have seen results with most of her dvds. I have almost all of them. I find most of her dvds quite enjoyable and I know they work. I don't have a gym membership and almost 95% of my workout dvds are Jillian Michaels dvds. As you can see by my weight loss ticker her dvds work and she is NO idiot. You have your opinion and I have mine. She obviously knows what she is talking about when so many people on MFP have lost weight with her dvds---just sayin:bigsmile: .

I am starting month 2 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. So far, I love it---but I like almost all of her dvds. Have you tried her 30 Day Shred? I would start with that dvd first to see if you like Jillian as a trainer---some people don't like her attitude. You can find it at Walmart for around $9-$10 and you will definitely see good results with it. Search for 30 Day Shred in the forums and you will get a lot of positive threads come up:flowerforyou: .
    [/quote]

The youtube video of her doing an interview tipped me off. You can read the thread if you want my reasoning.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/553325-thoght-i-would-share

As for your defense of her, that's great that they worked for you, as you'll see if you click my link above.
    Any sort of stimulus will "work" early on. It's called the newbie effect. Therefore, most workout programs will "work" to some degree.

And even after the newbie effect is over, sure, you can continue to diet and lose weight. I'm not denying the fact that her DVDs force you to exercise and burn calories. But burning calories is not the whole story. When you are dieting, your goal should be not simply to lose weight, but to lose fat while preserving muscle mass. And her DVDs are not optimal for that goal. So let's not equate "working" with optimal.
  • crisfanning
    crisfanning Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Revolution workout and I love them. 30 minutes a day, and all you need is a set of hand weights. I haven't tried her other workouts, but EVERYONE I have talked to that has loves them. She was a tad bit annoying, in my personal opinion, on the Biggest Loser, but she is totally different on her DVDs...more like a real person that "gets it" when it comes to reshaping your body and life. I recommend 100%.
  • Demi54
    Demi54 Posts: 6
    Options
    You can save your money by downloading her workout using UTorrent(google it) and kickasstorrents.com
    This is a cheaper alternative to buying it if your broke like me. and it even comes with her workbooks so you don't have to feel like your missing anything from if you were to buy it.
    I downloaded Body Revolution and burned it. I started yesterday and it is a great workout.
  • bella_roma
    bella_roma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new and this is my first time posting, but I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and I just completed week 3 workout 2 and it kicked my butt! I really love Jillian's DVDs. I find them tough enough that I sometimes struggle with the moves, and I feel like I'm getting a great workout, but they tend to move quickly and I find them quite enjoyable overall. I'm one of those people who doesn't really like to work out, and I would never say otherwise, but I can commit to these workouts because they are only 30 minutes long. I run after two year old toddlers all day, so the last thing I want to do is spend an hour or more working out.
  • surfermom6
    Options
    LOVE it! Since I don't have a gym membership, and I really like the 30 minute workouts, they do work! Worth every penny!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you say this? There are many people on here that love Jillian Michaels and have seen results with most of her dvds. I have almost all of them. I find most of her dvds quite enjoyable and I know they work. I don't have a gym membership and almost 95% of my workout dvds are Jillian Michaels dvds. As you can see by my weight loss ticker her dvds work and she is NO idiot. You have your opinion and I have mine. She obviously knows what she is talking about when so many people on MFP have lost weight with her dvds---just sayin:bigsmile: .

I am starting month 2 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. So far, I love it---but I like almost all of her dvds. Have you tried her 30 Day Shred? I would start with that dvd first to see if you like Jillian as a trainer---some people don't like her attitude. You can find it at Walmart for around $9-$10 and you will definitely see good results with it. Search for 30 Day Shred in the forums and you will get a lot of positive threads come up:flowerforyou: .
    [/quote]

The youtube video of her doing an interview tipped me off on how stupid she is. You can read the thread if you want my reasoning.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/553325-thoght-i-would-share

As for your defense of her, that's great that they worked for you, but that does not mean she is not an idiot, as you'll see if you click my link above.
    Any sort of stimulus will "work" early on. It's called the newbie effect. Therefore, most workout programs will "work" to some degree.

And even after the newbie effect is over, sure, you can continue to diet and lose weight. I'm not denying the fact that her DVDs force you to exercise and burn calories. But burning calories is not the whole story. When you are dieting, your goal should be not simply to lose weight, but to lose fat while preserving muscle mass. And her DVDs are not optimal for that goal. So let's not equate "working" with optimal.
    [/quote]

I was a college swimmer, lifted heavy, and I was BIGGER and FATTER than I am now after doing JM videos. I'm a good 10 pounds (or more) lighter and I wear pants a good 2 sizes smaller. While I didn't know what my body fat percentage was before, it is definitely lower now, at around 20.5%. My muscle tone didn't just "waste away" because I wasn't "lifting heavy." A lot of people have very decent muscle tone under all their fat and something that incorporates muscle (which she does-plus I use much heavier weights than she does in the videos to make it harder) while burning calories is ideal. I don't think "crow pushups" can be considered as too easy to build muscle mass.

I'm not trying to make my muscles bigger, they are already big enough. I just want to maintain them and strengthen them while shedding the layer of fat on top. I have more muscle tone than I ever had as a college swimmer. As long as you eat the right amount of calories, proteins and fats, these kind of work outs work.

That being said, I just ordered JM Body Revolution tonight and I am thinking about getting some heavier dumbbells to go along :)
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like Jillian
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have body revolution! i LOOOOVVVEE it!! Jillian Michaels is AWESOME! she is my personal trainer. I have been doing her DVDS from day 1 (started off doing Biggest Loser workouts, then I moved on to just Jillian) ! helped me lose a ton of weight. Lets just say I am in the best shape if my life now :)) I have 8 of Jillian Michaels DVDs, 8 Biggest Loser DVDs, and her Body Revolution program. I am a huge fan!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

That being said, I just ordered JM Body Revolution tonight and I am thinking about getting some heavier dumbbells to go along :)

I agree, I have been using (2) 5lb weights and I think I need to move up to some 8 or 10pounders. I love body revolution, im sure you will too
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    i have body revolution. :) Just finished up week 5 and have lost 3 pounds and 10 inches! and this is not following the meal plan that she provides but eating 1200-1600 calories a day.

I started off using 3 lb dumbbells, now I am using 8's, i could only do 1 real push up, and now i'm at 15. that's HUGE progress in such a short time.

Definitely look up the group and see all the results. I love jillian micheals. She can be annoying sometimes, but she WORKS, and she motivates you, and i love her for that. All of my weight loss comes from her. :)

body revolution is DEFINITELY worth it! :)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

I agree, I have been using (2) 5lb weights and I think I need to move up to some 8 or 10pounders. I love body revolution, im sure you will too

I have been using 5 lbs. and 10 lbs. I want some heavier ones. Maybe 12, 15 & 20 but they are SO expensive!
  • india0728
    Options
    Just re-started my workouts after being sick for 3 Weeks! Ughhh. Anyway started week 3 of Body Revolution with my 5lb weights and true to form Jillian Michaels works your butt out. Gonna try to do the regular videos along with the cardio for an even sicker workout. I am scared aready! LOL
  • india0728
    Options
    Just re-started my workouts after being sick for 3 Weeks! Ughhh. Anyway started week 3 of Body Revolution with my 5lb weights and true to form Jillian Michaels works your butt out. Gonna try to do the regular videos along with the cardio for an even sicker workout. I am scared already! LOL
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting this set for about a year now.... but the price is soooo high!

If you download the vidsos for free how do you then know which ones to do when?