feel like i've hit a wall

Options
literally. since December i have worked out 6 days a week 2+ hours a day..with a few exceptions..worked out hard..giving it everything i had each workout..I do alot of circuit training, and Jillian dvd's..Also do strength and lots of cardio..up until recently i haven't had any problems with motivation or energy, But man the last couple of weeks i have had to drag myself through my workouts. I haven't changed my eating habits, eating enough calories..drinking about 64 oz. of water a day, and making sure i take my vitamins..I don't feel weak or drained throughout the day really, it's just once i start my workouts. Is this a normal thing? everybody get to this point? I'm not going to quit, and i'm not really discouraged, Just really annoyed by it.

Replies

• carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You got the burnout. It happens when you work out that length of time. Find another activity that you like to change it up, maybe some swimming or hiking =D
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yep, burnout. Take a break from your usual exercise routine and maintain your eating. Do something light and fun for a week or so. You'll know when to go back to the more intense workouts.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I figured that's what it was. thanks y'all. Glad to know this is a normal thing and it'll pass. :)
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So hear ya. Been through same thing recently. Have found not doing quite as much as had been , but in saying that I was doign a heck of a lot. I just keep pushing on and also have tried few new things so don't get bored.
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow- that's a lot of exercise. Try something fun, or give yourself a break for a few days. Your body will probably miss it :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Six days per week for 2+ hours a day? That's hardcore, congratulations for keeping it up so long! That said, you didn't really think that intense of a workout regimen would last forever did you? It can work for some people, but most of us mere mortals get burned out.

Pat yourself on the back for doing such an awesome job, and find a different way to exercise that is more enjoyable. Jogging outside and/or biking are both great right now. Are there any trail running clubs near your location? And summer is almost here, so perhaps consider swimming lessons? Just find some more relaxing ways to workout that you can have more fun with for the time being.