intermittent fasting

I probably spelled that wrong, but it is not the point.

My question is :

Has anyone tried it or know anything about it? I have now seen it pop up 2 times in fitness journals I get and am starting a new bootcamp program where it is part of their diet program. Basically you fast for two 24 hour periods during the week. For example, wednesday at 6pm until Thursday at 6pm.

I am looking for educated opinions on this from people who truly know about it. Thanks!

Replies

• slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    bump
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    There is a Intermittent Fasting Group on MFP. I would join in with them and get all the info you need.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,226 Member
    it is good when your in the last 25 lbs or within 30% bf range. if your above these range then you can still go fitter by cleaning your diet and exercising. Also, before you do this, you have to make sure that you've cleanup your eating habit and you've achieve a good nutritional intake for few days/weeks/months prior.

personally I've tried fasting, and your NOT supposed to feel starved/weak/agitated/cranky. otherwise you might be doing something wrong or your not yet ready for it.

finally, it's not for everyone,i know people who lose weight and achieve their goal without fasting at all, everyone is different so find what works for you.
  • shelleyinbc
    shelleyinbc Posts: 6 Member
    There is also the 'Fast5' method of intermittent fasting which is 19 hours of fasting a day and a five hour eating window, preferably later in the day so as not to be tempted to keep eating until bedtime. This is totally working for me and just feels right. I drink a lot of herbal teas and water with lemon during the waking fast period.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    There is a Intermittent Fasting Group on MFP. I would join in with them and get all the info you need.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/66-intermittent-fasting
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    I probably spelled that wrong, but it is not the point.

You spelled it right. What's wrong with accuracy? You may know that it's often abbreviated as "IF."

The Intermittent Fasting group here is very supportive. You can also go to, among others:

The Wikipedia Entry

The Lean Gains Site

The Eat Stop Eat Site

The Fast-5 Site.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    This guy named Dan Go has an awesome blog with tons of info about IFing....

http://www.thefatlossninja.com/