What to put on my waffle?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunshiny2
    Sunshiny2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like them with cottage cheese or cream cheese plus berries and maple syrup... Or bananas and chocolate chips.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Agave nectar maybe? I've never tried it but see stuff about it everywhere.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ice cream goes well with waffles as does fried chicken

NAUGHTY!!! LOL and delish!
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I make the Kashi blueberry waffles w a pat of butter and strawberry jam...yummy. My twins love it too.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    If you want a slightly healthier option than fried chicken :laugh: I just use fruit.

I always have frozen berries, blueberries, raspberries etc on hand at home. I just microwave a handful and add some sweetner and smush them with a fork, a bit like a berry compote if ya wanna get all fancy :tongue: but without the copius amount of sugar and calories! Or you might want to use a natural no added sugar jam, same sort of thing really.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like some warm applesauce on my waffles, french toast or even pancakes...Nom:)
  • turbogirl01
    Options
    NUTELLA!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'd been putting a couple tablespoons of PB on my Van's Light Natural waffle, along with a few banana slices. But I did notice that little bit of PB sure makes my fat and cals add up quick. And the earlier PB post got me thinking about it too. Any good suggestions of what else to put on a morning waffle? Not cottage cheese, someone suggested that to me and it just doesn't sound good. :sick:

Syrup...
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oh, I dunno...

A little bit of maple syrup? Ice cream covered with maple syrup? Yeah...then like add chocolate syrup, then caramel syrup...Is there strawberry syrup too? That too if there is. ANNNNNNND the waffles need to be chocolate chip ones!
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I buy E.D. smith no sugar added pancake syrup. 3 tablespoons has 30 calories and 6 grams of sugar and it's delish!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Omg, you guys have made me so hungry. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    For now fruit. It's definitely better to eat breakfast than skip it. But eventually you should really consider ditching waffles for breakfast. Vans organic waffles are hardly better than any other waffles. They're still a bunch of processed nutritionally poor carbs. And like al tasty processed carbs, the more you eat them, the more you'll be craving carbs later. Now if you exercise before or after breakfast that's a different story.