Which is the best alcohol for dieting?

Options

Replies

• AWME
    AWME Posts: 12
    Options
    From purely a weight loss standpoint, lower calories is best - so vodka and soda (not tonic/quinine), scotch on the rocks, etc...will be lowest cal options...other wise light beer or white wine. Don't do anything like Baileys or mixed juice drinks. I would ragther eat than drink, but my wife likes her fermented grapes :smile:

I second the vodka & club soda. Sometimes I add a splash of cranberry to give it a little more taste.

Try alternating your alcoholic drinks with water to cut down on the cals.
  • rebeccah1989
    Options
    thanks for the tips guys they've really helped. I generally only drink once a week too either a fri or sat never more than that. I'm not much of a feaster when i've had a drink as it makes me queasy if i eat afterwards, so thats an all clear. Going for a jog after work so I dont miss out on the exercise and def have plenty of ideas so I can have a good night without the worry of overdoing it.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    vodka and crystal light is good if you don't want a carbonated beverage
  • mykahisfit
    Options
    I found a new drink.. vodka with mixed berrie and it is sugar free... so ticks all the boxes :happy:
  • FrancesOReilly
    FrancesOReilly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Going by your username your still quite young...
    So while vodka and diet pop is probably best cal wise... I'd recommend a light beer maybe.. coors light/bud light/corona light...
    Drinking vodka (particularly..but same with all alcohol) when eating little can be lethal... Just pace yerself and don't go out with the intention of getting hammered.. Go out with the intention on enjoying yerself while being sensible...
    Enjoy the party :)
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    vodka and crystal light is good if you don't want a carbonated beverage

^ This is my drink of choice ... but not likely to find crystal light as an option at a bar or party. Someone once suggested that they take to go packs and order vodka w water and added the flavor packet herself. I've also known people that would bring Mio to the bar to add flavor to their drinks.
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    Make sure to dance a lot at the party, may help get rid of some of those drink calories! lol
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Vodka is low calorie and has virtually no carbs. You're good to go as long as you don't mix it with something sugary like orange juice or cranberry juice. Those add up quickly. I like "Vodka club soda splash of cran". Load it up with limes and it's tasty and guilt free!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Seriously? If you want to lose weight, drinking alcohol will not help.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    spirits + diet soda. seriously though, alcohol is terrible for both fat loss and muscle building, i'd minimize calorie intake and just accept your weight loss is going to take a blow that night. it does nasty things to your liver's ability to metabolize fat.
  • tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Voli vodka is 74 cals/oz. Flavor it with Mio or mix w/ Crystal Light, etc. I'm going to try iced tea Mio & Lemonade Crystal LIght. I hardly ever drink any more but I want to indulge once in a while. It's a diet not a prison sentence.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Not true. Alcohol in moderation has many health benefits, including improved insulin sensitivity and improved cholesterol ratios. It's actually good for overall health.
  • rebeccah1989
    Options

If you read the original question I am aware that drinking alcohol won't help in losing the pounds, hence the whole point of the question as to whats best to avoid and what I can get away with, I dont intend to get hammered I'm just drinking to be in the party spirit with my friends. I asked for tips not sarcastic comments.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Margarita
    1 cup strawberries frozen
    1 lime juiced into blender
    some mint leaves for freshness if you like
    tequila(lowest cal you can find)
    stevia or agave nectar to sweeten if desired

blend. booze, fruit serving WIN!

Or bowl of cut up fruit, pour a shot or two of alcohol of your choice on top, let sit and soak up the alcohol and then either eat or blend with ice.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I like my ghetto homemade Hard Limeade or Lemonade. It's just vodka, the juice of one lime (or lemon), water, and a tiny bit of sugar or Truvia.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Rubbing alcohol to disinfect blisters from working out.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Diet Tonic and Gin with Lime!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Diet soda and vodka are good, bloody Mary, ect. I don't drink, but that's a personal preference.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options

If you read the original question I am aware that drinking alcohol won't help in losing the pounds, hence the whole point of the question as to whats best to avoid and what I can get away with, I dont intend to get hammered I'm just drinking to be in the party spirit with my friends. I asked for tips not sarcastic comments.

Then perhaps a better title would be best next time. And it was not a sarcastic comment. Staying away from alcohol is always a good idea. Just sayin.