h3mp Posts: 5
    Options
    for beer, the best 2 bottles I've found are:

Fosters Gold: 102 cal (300ml bottle)
    Coors Light: 106 cal (330ml bottle)
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you make a bloody mary mix, you could at least justify it that you're eating veggies with your vodka :)

I like this spicy one, with or without the alcohol
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/bloody-mary-recipe/index.html
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Unless you're going to stop after 1 glass of red wine it's pretty unlikely you'll stay in calorie defecit today.

Relax, consider it a day (or an evening) off the diet and climb back on tomorrow.

That's not true, I can easily fit in 3-5 vodka waters and stay under on a weekend. The trick is to know its coming, so don't have any indulgences earlier in the day, eat lots of veggies, and don't order any mixers with calories. Ohh and dance a lot and you can burn more than you drink!

Have fun!

Edit: some people are attacking the OP with unfounded claims. In fact, alcohol has a high TEF (thermic effect of feeding), such that, like protein, only ~80% of the calories you ingest are able to be used by your body. The real negative effect is for those that are drunk eaters. I, however, am a drunk dancer, so my drinking nights tend to end up with more of a deficit than I planned (I wear a bodybugg, so I do count the calories from drunk dancing or getting lost in DC and walking a few miles lol
  • dannisleet
    dannisleet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Unless you're going to stop after 1 glass of red wine it's pretty unlikely you'll stay in calorie defecit today.

Relax, consider it a day (or an evening) off the diet and climb back on tomorrow.

That's not true, I can easily fit in 3-5 vodka waters and stay under on a weekend. The trick is to know its coming, so don't have any indulgences earlier in the day, eat lots of veggies, and don't order any mixers with calories. Ohh and dance a lot and you can burn more than you drink!

Have fun!

Hiya, what do you drink vodka-wise to stay under for the weekend? I am going out tomorrow night so want to drink as few calories as possible! Even a vodka and slimline tonic equalled to 80 cals!!! Thanks xx
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet coke - the only calories are from the alcohol

Agree. Give up beer, even lite one have more calories than you think. Buh-bye Stella. :ohwell:
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I enjoy wine. The calorie counts are usually about 100 calories for 4 oz. So, to stretch it, I measure out 2 oz. into a measuring cup, put it into a wine glass and add club soda. This way I "fool myself" into thinking I'm having two drinks. Also, add ice to stretch it. At a wedding, just have them pour it for you with either the club or seltzer -- is it called a wine "spritzer"? If the bartender is pouring heavy, tell him when to stop.
  • my6kiddos
    my6kiddos Posts: 10
    Options
    Honestly, if I'm having a couple drinks (which is a treat to me) I exercise it off immediately the next morning. A drink isn't enjoyable if you're having to constantly count the calories in the back of your head while you're trying to enjoy yourself. Try to stay under your calorie limit (especially carbs) the day of and the day after. That's just me though! You have to do what's best for you! Have fun!! :happy:
  • dry61ed
    dry61ed Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband is not dieting or watching his nutrition intake, so he drinks several beers every night. I had fallen into the habit of having one in the evenings with him and immediately began gaining weight. So.. no more beer for me unless planned in my calorie budget.

All alcohol seems to cause me to want to munch/eat, so that needs to be added in also.

I would advise only drinking on special or planned for occasions to keep the calorie count down.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I dreamed about mixed drinks last night. Pathetic I know. :drinker:
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you make a bloody mary mix, you could at least justify it that you're eating veggies with your vodka :)

I like this spicy one, with or without the alcohol
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/bloody-mary-recipe/index.html

Yep...if you must drink alcohol to get in the party spirit at least with this or a good fruit laden PJ Punch you can have the fruit and veggies as well!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PJ Punch
    1/2 gal. Everclear
    4 gal. sugarfree fruit punch flavored kool aid
    2 Cups Cherries/Maraschinos
    1 Cup Pineapple
    2 Cups Strawberries
    1 can Oranges
    1 can Peach
    1 can Pears
    4 Cups Watermelon
    Glass to Use - Mason Jar \ Beer Mug
    Mixing Instructions
    Prepare all of your fruits by draining juices from pears, peaches, oranges, and cherries, and cut up strawberries, pineapple, and watermelon into small chunks. You need a very large upright cooler for this, preferably the kind with a spout on the bottom. Put all of your fruit in the bottom and mixed it around. Pour in Fruit Punch and then add Everclear. Mix this around really good and let it set for at least 24 hours! It doesn't take much with this great tasting drink! Don't forget the fruit at the bottom, just eating it will get you drunk!
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do the vodka and water with a splash of something for taste! But be careful I have found that with a 1200 calorie intake (like me) it hits me a lot faster and worse then usual!!! Have fun
  • agauth79
    agauth79 Posts: 5
    Options
    If you're able to bring you own drinks to the party, you could try to find Skinny Girl brand pre-mixed drinks. I don't know if you can find it at a store near you, but in my local store I have seen the Margarita and the Sangria versions. I think there is also supposed to be a cosmo version. I believe it's supposed to be about 100 calories per 6-8oz drink. I know I have often seen other sugar free or reduced calorie drink mixers (like margarita mix )that can be mixed with vodka or tequila as well. So, definitely browse the drinks aisle at your local store and see what you find. Not many have calorie information on them, so keep in mind wine coolers or other premixed drinks that don't specifically state that they are low calorie, may be very bad for your diet. But usually the ones who are touting being low calorie or diet friendly will say how many calories an average size serving will have.

I believe for most straight up alcohols like vodka, tequila, rum and so forth, 1 shot/ounce worth is usually about 100 calories each. So, that can give you an idea of how many calories you'll take in per drink if you use a zero calorie mixer, such as diet coke. For me, if I got out to the pub, I like to do a flavored vodka with diet 7up or diet sprite, if it's available. Otherwise, I just do tequila shots w/ lime! :)

Most importantly, however, if you go over, even waaaay over, don't beat yourself up over 1 night, just dust yourself off and start again tomorrow. Hope you find some tasty, low calorie drinks and have a great time at the party!
  • rebeccah1989
    Options
    If you're able to bring you own drinks to the party, you could try to find Skinny Girl brand pre-mixed drinks. I don't know if you can find it at a store near you, but in my local store I have seen the Margarita and the Sangria versions. I think there is also supposed to be a cosmo version. I believe it's supposed to be about 100 calories per 6-8oz drink. I know I have often seen other sugar free or reduced calorie drink mixers (like margarita mix )that can be mixed with vodka or tequila as well. So, definitely browse the drinks aisle at your local store and see what you find. Not many have calorie information on them, so keep in mind wine coolers or other premixed drinks that don't specifically state that they are low calorie, may be very bad for your diet. But usually the ones who are touting being low calorie or diet friendly will say how many calories an average size serving will have.

I believe for most straight up alcohols like vodka, tequila, rum and so forth, 1 shot/ounce worth is usually about 100 calories each. So, that can give you an idea of how many calories you'll take in per drink if you use a zero calorie mixer, such as diet coke. For me, if I got out to the pub, I like to do a flavored vodka with diet 7up or diet sprite, if it's available. Otherwise, I just do tequila shots w/ lime! :)

Most importantly, however, if you go over, even waaaay over, don't beat yourself up over 1 night, just dust yourself off and start again tomorrow. Hope you find some tasty, low calorie drinks and have a great time at the party!

Thanks for this its a good idea may even stick to tequila shots if i dont find a flavour i like :) It is a bring your own booze party as it's at a friends house which works in my favour, think im going to browse the aisles at the local supermarket and see what I can find.
  • leykisgirl
    Options
    any clean unmixed drink...
    - example, rum and diet coke
    - vodka and water (sipping)
    - gin (sipping)
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tend to "drink" my reamining calories at the end of the night. Two to three nights during the week I will have a glass of wine around 8pm. (This usually occurs on my work out days because I have this paranoid thing that I eat light during the day in the event that for whatever reason I do not make the gym that way I can still hit my goal then I end up working out and need to burn like 400 cals to hit my net cals of 1200 I eat a large portion of my exercise cals back.)

On the weekends I just work out longer so I can have a bit of fun if I like. I usually drink vodka and redbull zero (which just came out it has 0 cals) I used to drink Sugar free redbull that has like 10 cals per can. My favorite drink to make but it is a little higher in cals is Vodka, Triple Sec, Redbull Zero, and a splash of Diet Cranberry (5 cals per 8 oz serving). I call it a cosmo on crack LOL!

But if you are going to a party I see no issue with taking Redbull Zero or sugar free with you to the party just pop it in their fridge or take a cooler with you I think no would think anything of it. I totally would bring my own mixer to a party along with a bottle of nice wine for the host/hostess.
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    light lemonade and uv blue = 80cal.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 and Miller 64 are my new "healthier" choices... I put a lemon and a lime in it, and it's delish! (It has less alcohol AND less calories.) Have fun tonight!! :drinker:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Might as well drink what you like. I'm pretty sure calories will be the last thing on your mind after a few.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Technically, none. :tongue: But I prefer citrus vodka with club soda and a lime wedge. :drinker: