2»

Replies

• Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, it will get better! :smile:
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    Im on day 13 - and day 3 of level 2. Keep going, its totally worth it. Level 2 makes me sweat way more than level 1 but i see it as a challenge, i was starting to get bored if level 1 so was pleased to progress a level. Can really see difference in my shape so thats keeping me going and motivated!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I finished the shred last year and found that level one, for me at least, was the hardest one. Level 2 and 3 weren't as bad. Keep at it and perhaps just do it once a day. Your body needs to rest :)
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    you will get there by then end of your 10 days you will see that you are ready to move on :) I finished it a month ago.. now trying to get through ripped in 30
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My dvd has come through the post.... and i think i'll be starting on Monday!! excited! :bigsmile: and dreading it little bit.. :ohwell: as long as it works!! :happy:
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun!!!

Keep with it, it will get a little easier not much though lol... I am on day 2 of level 2 and I miss level 1. Just keep in mind you will see a change in 30 days and I have to agree these workouts are only 20 mins but you are doing more than just one exercise at a time like you would do at the gym.

Wait till you get to level 2 (holy guacamole is all i will say).
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    this is my 2nd time doing the shred, 1st time i did it i was in serious pain with my muscles and so out of breath but by day 5 muscle pain stopped and i found it got easier, level 2 is def alot harder!! im currently alternating between 1 day 30DS and then 1 day Banish Fat, Boost metabalism (another of jillians) and so on, and altho ive found level 1 alot easier this time round im still aching all over! i wouldnt do it twice a day tho, i eneded up injuring my back 1st time around and straining my ankles and they would swell and couldnt exercise for a week. measure ur inches and body fat % 1st couple of weeks of doing the shred i was losing 2lbs per week 1'' from my belly, hips and each thigh and i was losing around 2-3% body fat a week!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 - level 1 yesterday. I feel it in my calf muscles the most. Anyone else? I didn't wear my shoes because I was doing it in my downstairs that has carpet. Maybe I should wear my shoes anyways and do the moves on a yoga matt or something.
  • Cyndie3
    Cyndie3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have 30 day shred, ripped in 30, and extreme shred & shed. The reviews I read say you will lose inches and not many lbs! I want to get lbs off too
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    I just did day 7 on level 1 and I am still sweating like crazy but it is not as hard for me anymore; and on day 5 I was able to do everything without any shortcuts (like the last ab exercise when i couldnt do the bicycle anymore i would just do regular crunches) and noticed my muscles weren't hurting the next day as much...i still find i feel like i'm working harder than when I just use my treadmill
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days before moving on. By the 10th day you will be ready to go! It DOES get easier. Hang in there!
  • jomiley23
    jomiley23 Posts: 76
    Options
    A question for everyone: What time of day are you doing your workout? Do you find it easier to get through in the mornings or evenings? I've been contemplating bringing the video with me to school - I teach - and doing it in my classroom during my lunch break when I have no kids....Don't know how well that'd go over with the principal. Couldn't you see her face if she walked in while I was laying on the floor in a skirt doing crunches?! But I get lightheaded if I do it in the morning, and I'm sweaty getting into bed - which I HATE unless it's for other reasons - if I do it at night. Midday while my babies are at daycare seems like the only time I could possibly get it done.
  • noturbyrd
    Options
    I'm on day 6, I feel like dying when I do it, but I feel better than when I first started. No one said weight loss was going to be easy but we can work hard and be healthy.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 level 3 today and I thought it was harder than yesterday. This morning my thighs were killing me but I went ahead and worked out anyway. I had to take more breaks today but I finished and here's to hoping tomorrow is a better workout day :smile:
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A question for everyone: What time of day are you doing your workout? Do you find it easier to get through in the mornings or evenings? I've been contemplating bringing the video with me to school - I teach - and doing it in my classroom during my lunch break when I have no kids....Don't know how well that'd go over with the principal. Couldn't you see her face if she walked in while I was laying on the floor in a skirt doing crunches?! But I get lightheaded if I do it in the morning, and I'm sweaty getting into bed - which I HATE unless it's for other reasons - if I do it at night. Midday while my babies are at daycare seems like the only time I could possibly get it done.

I do it in the morning so I get it over with. I'm not sure I'd be able to do it in the middle of a work day. Plus I get all hot and sweaty and I have to cool down for a while before I can even find the strength to walk upstairs and take a shower. No way would I want to spend the rest of the day sweaty and stinky, especially around little kids. Kids will flat out tell you how gross you smell or look (not you personally, I mean in general...I know I look like hell after Jillian is done with me) and they're not even being mean about it...just being kids :laugh:
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options

i personally do it on a morning before breakfast i have more energy then, i tried to do it on a evening and after seeing to 2 kids all day then housework etc i just couldnt be bothered!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm just starting out, I'm on day three of level one and after nearly two months without consistent cardio this workout is really showing me how quickly I can fall off and out of shape. I'm hoping there is someone else who is just starting up and would like to team up and support one another throughout the 30days?
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am Day 8 tomorrow and it still kicks my rear. The thing I find the most hard are actually the cardio, especially jumping jacks then jump rope. I feel like I am dying at the moment. lol I look ahead in level 2 and wow, it looks tough but I am ready to move on and do something different.