1/2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
1 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated), or HG Alternative
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Dash salt

Topping
1 low-fat cinnamon graham cracker (1/4 sheet), lightly crushed
1/2 tbsp. old-fashioned oats
3/4 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
3/4 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), room temperature

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.

Slice off the top of the apple, about 1/2 inch. Carefully hollow out most of the inside flesh with a spoon or melon baller, leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh on the skin. Discard seeds and core.

Chop the scooped-out flesh and place in a bowl. Add brown sugar, Splenda, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to coat. Place mixture in the hollow apple, and pack down lightly with the back of a spoon.

Place apple in the baking pan. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients. Stir/mash until well mixed and crumbly.

Remove foil. Sprinkle topping over the filling. Bake, uncovered, until topping has lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Eat!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Alternative: If made with an equal amount of granulated white sugar in place of Splenda, this recipe will have 196 calories, 47g carbs, and 35g sugars (PointsPlus® value 5*).

ApplePie4_web.jpg

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    Oh wow this I gotta try.
  • claireliza2012
    Options
    BUMP
  • Melindaleigh12
    Options
    Yum!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Yummy and pretty!
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    This is perfect timing I have a bunch of apples I need to use up :) Mine all kind of mini apples though, so I guess I'll be making "mini" stuffed apple apple pie LOL
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    bump
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    This is perfect timing I have a bunch of apples I need to use up :) Mine all kind of mini apples though, so I guess I'll be making "mini" stuffed apple apple pie LOL

Hahahaahah!...they're good cold too~
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, they turned out so good! I changed a few things, so my smaller apples came out to 160 calories each. But still a recipe worth keeping. :oD I added it to my food blog because it was YUMMY.

i-hgdCrsm-M.jpg
    http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/04/apple-pie-stuffed-apples.html
  • bytemeeeeee
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, they turned out so good! I changed a few things, so my smaller apples came out to 160 calories each. But still a recipe worth keeping. :oD I added it to my food blog because it was YUMMY.

i-hgdCrsm-M.jpg
    http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/04/apple-pie-stuffed-apples.html

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!.. I'm happy you liked it!..Remember you tailor it to your liking..I use less graham because I really could care less about it... =)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy!.. I'm happy you liked it!..Remember you tailor it to your liking..I use less graham because I really could care less about it... =)

Ya, I'm the opposite, the crusty part is my favorite LOL Even my kid and her friends liked it, which is nice because its a lot healthier than ice cream or cookies for a dessert. :)
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nancella56
    Options
    what is the calorie content of this with spenda not sugar? im dying to try it !
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

By using splenda instead of brown sugar you'd save about 30 calories, since the recipe she has posted doesn't use a lot of sugar.
  • bytemeeeeee
    Options

By using splenda instead of brown sugar you'd save about 30 calories, since the recipe she has posted doesn't use a lot of sugar.
    Maybe you can look in the food tracker...I don't like using Splenda..I use Stevia...
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Trying this out tonight :)
  • GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!